My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fit Momma Gift List: Workout DVD's

This holiday season, the best gifts for  Fit Mommas are options.  Occasionally, OK all the time, our very well intentioned workout plans don't go according to plan.  Since I'm the mother of three loose cannons (a.k.a. my kids), I need back up plans A through Z.

PC140018

When it comes to options, quality workout DVD's are a mother's best friend.

My favorites right now are some of Beachbody's hot sellers:


Since I'm such a huge gym aficionado, I really don't collect a ton of home workout DVD's.  I only have them there if I am desperate and need them in a pinch.  However, some of you workout exclusively at home and have developed quite an impressive library of your favorites.  From what I hear on the street, some other great workout DVD's are:

Cathe Friedrich -- she has a lot of good stuff
ChaLean by Beachbody
Turbo Jam by Beachbody

These DVD's are just the tip of the iceberg, friends.  There is an entire wonderful world out there of workout DVD's.  The trick is getting ones that actually make you work, sweat, burn some calories, and raise your heart rate.

OK, Fit Mommas, what are your favorite workout DVD's?  I know many of you use these daily -- share with us WHAT WORKS!  

Fit Momma Gift List:


Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have P90X and Insanity also, and I love them both, but I am a Cathe junkie! I think I have everything she's ever made, and you can't go wrong with any of them. She is no nonsense, kick-your-trash hard. You know how the gals in some workout videos always look rock solid, but the workouts they give will NEVER get you nice and sculpted like them? Cathe is not like that at all. She and her crew are products of the workouts they produce. Weights, cardio, HIIT, functional training, shock training, step, circuits, resistance training, etc. You name it, she's got it, and nobody does it better than her. I know because I also have hundreds of other workout dvds that ended up in the trash since that's pretty much what they were. Love Cathe! Plus, her online support site is free, unlike other instructors.

Anonymous said...

I forgot, her website is cathe.com. You can get all her dvds there as well as other fitness equipment she uses in the videos.

Trainer Momma said...

Thanks, Natalie. Her website is very extensive and she has a HUGE selection of DVD's to choose from. I love her variety. There is something for everyone there.

Lori Beth said...

I like to have some stuff on hand as well, but in case you don't have the DVD's, there is also alot to chose from 'On Demand' on your TV. I am a fan of the Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner collections On Demand. They cycle the ones that are available so it is always changing. Just another idea!!

Happy Holidays!
- Lori Beth

Trainer Momma said...

True! I have a friend who does that. I like how it offers you different options to mix it up. Great idea.

the Villamor's said...

Natalie described Cathe very well. It took me a while to find her videos and when I did the others went to Goodwill. The videos are professionally made and top quality. You definitely get what you pay for with her. I pull hers out when i am sick of the 4 walls at the gym and it is always a win for me. Before i upped my workouts I enjoyed Leslie Sansone's walking tapes. I was skeptical at first but surprised at how nice it was.

collagevideo.com is a great website to read reviews and see clips of all kinds of workout DVDs. I want a kettlebell and DVD for Christmas and have been looking on Amazon.com for different reviews....so hard to choose!

Tyler said...

I really like Jillian's 30 Day Shred and her 45 minute workouts, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. I will definitely check out Jackie Warner and Cathe. Thanks for the recommendations! Has anyone done Chalean? I like P90X but I am looking for something in the 35-45 minute range.

Trainer Momma said...

The P90X+ are all around 45 minutes. I haven't tried, ChaLean though...

Jen Howick said...

I've been doing Slim in 6 by Beachbody and so far, so good. I also like a couple of the On Demand ones as well. There is a walking one which is great for days that I don't feel like doing much as well as a cardio / weights one by Chris Freystone, that I like a lot. One way or the other, I can get my exercising done even though its snowing like crazy outside!

Kim Oldenburgh said...

Tyler-I have done about 4 rounds of Chalean. I do love it, but can't do it back to back as I get tired of the same instructor! I am on my last day of the complete cycle and plan to start Cathe over vacation (I'm a teacher and love the gift of time over vacation!) Chalean works you hard if you follow her lead. You lift slow and max out on by the last reps. You'll see what I mean when you try it. The workouts are a nice length as well-about 40ish minutes (longer on ab days).

Related Posts with Thumbnails