***Just a note: I am doing some fitness posts on a favorite blog of mine petit elephant -- so come over and take a look!
Alright, time to workout... Here's the plan:
Workout Plan A: Take off for a few hours on my very much anticipated sanity bike ride.
Reality: Call Babysitter #1 – rejection. Call Babysitter #2 – rejection. Time to bag it and move on.
Workout Plan B: Go for a run while the Doc is still home and the kids are still asleep.
Reality: It’s raining.
I mean realllllly raining. This is the Texas rain we’ve been waiting/praying for for six months. Hallelujah! Bummer.
Alright, time to workout... Here's the plan:
Workout Plan A: Take off for a few hours on my very much anticipated sanity bike ride.
Reality: Call Babysitter #1 – rejection. Call Babysitter #2 – rejection. Time to bag it and move on.
Workout Plan B: Go for a run while the Doc is still home and the kids are still asleep.
Reality: It’s raining.
I mean realllllly raining. This is the Texas rain we’ve been waiting/praying for for six months. Hallelujah! Bummer.
| From October 2009 |
Workout Plan C: Hit the gym.
Reality: It is the first day of Sukkot (a Jewish holiday). I workout at the Jewish Community Center. It’s closed. Moving on…
Workout Plan D: Go to my parent’s house to use their elliptical trainer.
Reality: They just went out of town for a week. I don’t have a key to their house. I could break open a window without much trouble, but I decide to hang onto my dwindling dignity.
Workout Plan E: Blow the dust off some challenging workout DVD’s and workout at home.
Reality: All the kids are awake by this time. I will have to jump/squat/step while they are jumping off the couches, crawling under my squats and stepping on my feet.
![]() |
| From Collages |
Worth it.
So, although your sanity bike ride (or equivalent) had to be shelved yet another week, knowing that you have back-up plans ranging from A to Z makes it impossible to weasel out of a workout, and totally possible to keep your commitment to yourself.
Sounds like a good plan.
| From October 2009 |


1 comments:
yes, you nailed it...this is my life. I just figure those workouts are that much more challenging when I'm trying to avoid kicking my 4 year old in the face because she thinks it's fun to dodge my scissor kicks!
Post a Comment