My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fit Momma Gift List: Resistance Bands

So, you want to start doing some weight training, and for a myriad of reasons you've ruled out joining a gym.  You know you need to do something at home, but buying a set of these just isn't going to fit in the budget.

Are you stuck with bicep curling cans of corn and bench pressing your children?

Those are options, however, there is another one we haven't covered yet:

PC070034

Resistance bands.  
Or exercise tubes.  
Or Xertubes.  
Whatever.  
You know what I'm talking about, right?

This little gal is completely underrated in my opinion.  It is very affordable and has the potential to give you the muscle building that you need.

The first step in using resistance bands is choosing the right one.

You will find all kinds of resistance bands at discount stores and sporting goods stores.  Just walk on by and don't waste your money.  Spend the $12.00 on the only one worth having:  SPRI Xertubes.

SPRI is my favorite brand hands down.  I've been using SPRI's since the first day I walked into a gym.  They are gym-brand quality, very durable, it takes a lot to stretch it out, and will last for years.

The different colors represent the different levels of resistances:

Green is light.
Red is medium.
Blue is heavy.
Purple is very heavy.

I only have the red or medium Xertube.  It has been ideal for me and the clients I have used it with.  If I were buying one for the Doc, I definitely would want to buy a blue or purple for him.

SPRI


Be sure your SPRI Xertube has a door attachment.  This allows you to put this tab in your SHUT door and do all sorts of additional exercises:  rows, chest flies, chest press, tricep extentions, ab crunches, the list could go on forever.

How to use an Xertube is an entirely different post(s).  It is thankfully easy, but does take a little know how if you've never used one before.  I will be sure to cover that in the future.  It's going on the list right now.

You usually can't find SPRI Xertubes in the stores we typically shop in since it is a progressional grade exercise band.  You can find it, however, here.  Easy peasy.

So, put it on your Fit Momma Gift list this holiday season and feign surprise when you open it (I've gotten really good at that).

** Full disclosure:  SPRI did not ask or compensate me for this post.  It just is seriously the best exercise band out there and I promised I'd only tell you WHAT WORKS.  


Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

5 comments:

Syndee said...

You SHOULD have an Amazon store with all the products that are your favorites. That would allow you to get more money for more giveaways....I'm just sayin' ;)

Sara Jane said...

This is just what I need. I'm buying it. Tutorials on how to use it would be awesome.

Trainer Momma said...

I actually do have an Amazon store. It's under the "Favorites" tab up at the top. More $$$ for giveaways is always welcome around here! I really do appreciate it when people shop using the TM Amazon store.

Alicia said...

Good to know there are better ones out there. I've boycotted bands when mine snapped on me and caused bruises and welts for days. Guess I better give it another try and get a better brand.

The Hedges said...

Just bought a set for me and Josh! Can't wait to play with them together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails