However, we have established that there does need to be some weight lifting going on in your already busy life, right? How to do that at home?
Many of us just start by buying a smattering of at home workout equipment. Let’s start with the basic dumbbells.
There is the method of going out and buying different sets of weights. This is just fine, however there are a few drawbacks. Of course, space. That is problem #1 for me. I already have so much junk; I really don’t have room for the many sets of weights that I would need. The other drawback is that you will need different weights depending on what you do and on your progress. Do you just keep running back to Sports Authority for the next size up? I suppose you could…
--OR--
Look into a rockin’ set of adjustable dumbbells. There are many of these on the market right now, and I have done the homework for you. Steer clear of the Bowflex adjustables (they have been reported to fall apart over time– hopefully that is not on your head!).
The best adjustable dumbbells out there right now are called SportBlock made by PowerBlock. The women’s version can adjust to 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, and 24 lbs. That is all you will need at home, I swear.
If you husband is interested in working out at home with you, I would recommend the Sport 9.0 version for him that runs from 15-90 lbs.
The technology is solid and brilliant. It uses a pin that you just adjust pull out and slide in at whatever weight you need.
![]() |
| From Collages |
By the time I added up the cost of all the dumbbells that I needed at home, the SportBlock was nearly the same price (around $185.00), plus is saved me so much space that it was a no brainer. Power purchase, my friends.
So, if you are in the market for at home dumbbells, here’s your answer. You’ll love them!
**As usual, SportBlock did not pay me to review or advertise for them nor their products. These dumbbells just rock and I could not keep this juicy info to myself!





1 comments:
Oh wow! Those are so cool! Too bad we already own a set of weights.
Post a Comment