As you know, I was REALLY READY for change. I had had enough of the increasing clothes sizes, finishing off half gallons of ice cream single handedly, and feeling terrible physically and emotionally pretty much 24/7. With the help of a personal trainer who was serious about change and results, that's exactly what I got: change and results.
Last week when I was home for Thanksgiving, I treated myself to another trip back to The Fit Stop. There are now new owners and new trainers, but the great workouts are still there.
Since I've become a personal trainer, I haven't paid to have someone train me in years. When I was doing fifteen of these...
![]() |
| Diamond Push Ups I hadn't none these in ages. |
...I was reminded how beneficial it is have someone there to throw new stuff at me and push me beyond what I thought were my limits.
A few more reasons to add a personal trainer to your gift list this holiday season:
Accountability
There is someone waiting just for you at the gym 2 or 3 times a week. If decide to sleep through it and don't show up, it will be noticed and you just lost some cold hard cash. Ouch.
Just Follow Orders
Sometimes it may be overwhelming when you walk into a gym with all those options: Barbells! Dumbbells! BOSU balls! Machines!. It is nice to have someone else figure out what your workout is going to be. Let someone else do the thinking for once!
Good Form
If you've never been in a gym setting before, it is a VERY good idea to have some professional help to be sure you are hitting all the muscle groups appropriately. A good trainer will also spend a good amount of time teaching you the proper form when weight lifting (or you can watch a few of my Basics videos and learn that way too!).
Challenge and Change
A good personal trainer will safely bring you to the next level. They are very in tune to you, your needs, your goals, and abilities. Yes, they may expect a lot, but why did you go there to begin with? You want change. So, change it will be.
Someone Blame
We personal trainers are immune to complaining, whining, excuses, and occasional profanity. In fact, we love it. You are welcome to dish it out as much as you want. When you are sore the next day or two or three, feel free to curse our name. That's what we're here for.
Short Term or Long Term Relationships
Depending on where you are in your fitness journey, you may want to set up an ongoing, long term deal with your personal trainer. Buying a package deal is typically cheaper as well. If you can't afford that but still want some new ideas and material, just ask if you can buy a few sessions. You'll have some new moves in your collection and it will serve you well for the next few months and even years.
Results
I'm just gonna say it: If you obediently and consistently do what your personal trainer says -- you will get results. Period.
So, since I can only tell and show you on this what you should or could be doing in the gym, but can't actually see you do it, you may consider dropping a few obvious hints to the hubby that a package of personal training sessions is what you'd like this holiday season.
If you live in the Mesa, AZ area and are looking for a trainer, check out The Fit Stop. They still great stuff going on there. Tell Rob the Trainer Momma sent you :)
Coming soon: How to Choose an AWESOME Personal Trainer
Fit Momma Gift List:
BTW -- Happy Hanukkah to my many Jewish friends! :)
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!



1 comments:
I wish I could hire you as my personal trainer.
Post a Comment