My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Delicioso Mexican Green Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette

Fit Mommas Rebecca and Christie and I were talking about their upcoming food challenge:  the upcoming Christmas party at church.  It always seems to be a land mine of calories and any sort of redeeming nutrient is drowning in sauces, cheeses, white flour and butter (I say that only in a loving way, of course :).  Their party also has an interesting twist since it will be Mexican themed.

Their question was:  What can I bring that I would actually eat?  Is healthy even possible?

I gave my immediate answer to everything, including world peace:  make a salad!

I always seem to turn to this blog first when trying to conjure up to eat.  Pam has got delicious, healthy food down to a science.  I made her salad a few weeks ago for a dinner party and thought it would be just the thing for Christie and Rebecca's Christmas party.

PB070039

Delicioso Mexican Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
by www.trainermomma.com
source:  For the Love of Cooking

1 head of romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
Handful of grape tomatoes
2 green onions, sliced
2 small baby bell peppers - red, yellow or orange, diced
1/2 cup black beans
1/2 cup sweet frozen corn, thawed
1 tbsp raw or toasted pumpkin seeds
1 avocado, diced
2 tbsp cotija cheese
1 handful of crushed baked tortilla chips
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette (recipe below) to taste

In a large salad bowl add all the ingredients.

Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette:
1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
1/4 cup canola oil
1-2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar OR red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp oregano

Mix all the ingredients in a food processor or blender for about 30 seconds.  Drizzle onto salad and mix well.

¡Muy bien!

** I typically double this entire recipe to fill a large salad bowl.

For a printable version of this recipe, click here.

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

5 comments:

Genevieve said...

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm

Lori said...

I will definitely make this! Thanks!

Christie said...

Yea, so excited to try this at our party on Saturday!! Thanks so much!

BTW- I feel a little famous now that I've been named on the blog!

Mark and Heidi Romer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark and Heidi Romer said...

So I was browsing the web so I could make my menu, and thought you might enjoy this other site. Enjoy! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/cauliflower-fritters-25.html

P.S. I made your salsa salad for a snack during game time and added our smoked turkey with a dash of chipotle lime Cholula and everyone loved it!!! Thanks!!! (I wish I lived in AZ so I could've met up with the guru-You)

Related Posts with Thumbnails