My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Eat With Me: On a Saturday!

I have received several inquiries about how I eat on the weekends.  I eat a cheat meal every week, typically on Sundays.  I've also mentioned I eat pretty lean during the week and a bit more lax on the weekends, which ends up how I maintain my weight.

This past Saturday I thought would be an interesting day to track what I ate since I wouldn't be home most of the day.  We had our last day of soccer season which ended up equating to spending 4 hours at the soccer fields and 3 hours at end of the season soccer parties.

On days like this, I become the cooler queen.  I simply plan ahead and pack food for me and my kids.  Easy.  When I'm outside all those hours, the food tastes especially good.


Calorie Budget
1,716 (find explanation here)
-500 weight loss calories
+ 430 workout calories
----------------------------------
1,646 calories

Workout
430 calories - 45 minutes trail running in 37 degree weather -- Yowers!

Let's eat!

PB050007

7:45 AM
Breakfast:

3/4 cup Go Lean cereal
15 almonds
1/2 cup soy milk, vanilla

264 calories

This was my breakfast and pre-workout meal.  I didn't want to go too heavy on the food since I knew I'd be running for a while.

PB050009

10:30 AM
Mid-morning snack:

1 banana

245 calories

At soccer game #1.  Have you guys tried these Chobani yogurts?  I love being able to grab one when I'm on the go on these crazy days.

PB060017

1:15 PM
Lunch:
Tuna Avocado Wrap
2 cups grapes

481 calories

Man, oh, man was I hungry by the time soccer game #2 rolled around!  This tasted awesome.
Beefy's BBQ

3:00 PM
End of the season soccer party at Beefy's Backyard Burger Joint.
Anything with the name "Beefy's" in it pretty much lets me know I'll be fending for myself.
I snapped a photo of the typical Beefy's fare -- however I did not order any for myself.
Yes, I know, I know moderation in all things, right?
Well, when the food come dripping in that much grease, I really have no desire to eat it.  It's the truth.

PB060028

I did, however, have a piece of the Shark soccer cake.  
Ahhh -- the frosting!  Delicious!

300 calories (??  This is a guess)

106_0427

6:00 PM
Dinner:

Pasta (Without the Pasta) Dinner using 1 1/2 cups of spaghetti squash 
3 oz chicken breast, baked
1 Tb Parmesan cheese

232 calories

My favorite fall meal of all time.

PB060033

8:00 PM

I'm still hungry snack:

1 wedge Laughing Cow, light
1 small apple, sliced

227 calories

Over by 101 calories.
Not too bad for a Saturday.  Plus I got to eat some cake!

Good night!

Related Posts:
How To Juggle Kids' Activities?


Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

5 comments:

the Villamor's said...

love spaghetti squash!

Jessica said...

I was surprised to see you use soy milk. It's not especially clean and soy milk has been getting a lot of bad press lately. I'm just curious what your thoughts are on this? Thanks!
P.S. Did you ever get around to trying the Mexican Two Bean chili that I posted on my blog a while back? How'd ya like it?

Trainer Momma said...

Yep, I do drink soy milk occasionally for taste purposes really. I love it. I have found that cows milk to soy milk can find bad press -- so I just take the moderationist approach and have it once in a while. It has as much protein as cows milk and offers a nutty taste.

I definitely am committed to being very healthy, but not 100% committed to the prescribed and popular "eat clean" lifestyle. I do have some things in my diet that Tosca Reno would disapprove of, that's for sure.

I will have to head over and get that Two Bean Chili recipe again and add it to the list! Thanks for the reminder :)

Jessica said...

Ha! Tasca would weep in my kitchen. I was just curious. I'm all about moderation. I've just shied away from soy products recently becsuse of the estrogen link.

lbb said...

That's why I love you, Trainer Momma. You live moderation.
I can preach it, but it's hard to live. Especially in this extreme world!!
BTW...I had almost that exact dinner tonight! Mmmm.
Except it was followed by brownies, dangit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails