I've had several readers email me wondering why week after week I am always trying to lose a blasted pound each Eat With Me post. If you notice, I consistently slash 500 calories off my Calorie Budget each week.
Haven't I lost that pound already?
Yes.
And, no.
The truth is that this is how I've found I can maintain my weight. I consistently eat like I'm trying to lose a pound each weekday by subtracting 500 calories per day from my calorie budget. On the weekends I relax somewhat, rarely count my calories, eyeball my portion sizes, and enjoy a treat (or two). Then, Monday hits again and I'm back to slashing those 500 calories back off my diet.
I know if I would count my calories, measure out my portions, stay strictly within my allotted calories on weekends I would lose that pound. I've done it before for many, many pounds in the past and am sure I will do it again in the future.
But since I'm in maintenance mode, I don't really care to right now.
So, this is what I've found works FOR ME. I can do it, depend on it, and I feel like a normal, healthy person when I eat like this.
What about you? How do you maintain your weight?
Related Posts:
Why Only 1,700 Calories a Day?
How Do I Lose a Pound?
Counting Calories: Round 3
BMI: What Should I Weigh?
What about you? How do you maintain your weight?
Related Posts:
Why Only 1,700 Calories a Day?
How Do I Lose a Pound?
Counting Calories: Round 3
BMI: What Should I Weigh?
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks! 



7 comments:
I really like this idea! That's what I try to do. It also gives me something to look forward to. It's a like a mini party every weekend ;-) I can hold off during the week if I know I can have it in just a few days on the weekend! Glad to know its ok if I have a treat here and there.
Well, I am NOT in maintanance mode yet, but I'm hoping to be there soon. So, I'm watching what I eat most vigilantly. But sometimes to beat the evil craving monster I take a nibble or two of something I just "Gotta" have. But for the most part I'm counting and measuring like crazy.
That's kind of what I do to.
I do it in a similar way. Its the only way I stay sane! If I do well during the week, I definitely let myself take a little break on the weekends!
I gasped when I saw that picture of you eating ice cream...haha! Glad to know even the Trainer Momma has a small indulgence once in a while!
This is what I do too and I'm not in maintenance mode! I'm sure those last 10 pounds would fall right off if I was more strict, in theory. In reality however, it's what keeps me from completely losing all self control! I allow myself a day (sometimes 2) to relax a little. Most of the time those days are the weekend. If I know I've got a birthday party or a GNO during the week, I enjoy it and mind myself on the weekends. I've consistantly lost a pound a week (my deficit is more than 500 cal.) and I'm okay with that!
Oh btw, thanks for turning me on to Pure Protein bars! Kills my mid-afternoon Snickers craving! Now everyday is treat day :) My grocery store had them 10 for $10 - my food storage is now well stocked!!
That's pretty much me--i actually tend to eat the same thing everyday--boring i know but seems to work for me..i switch it up a little--but i DO take Sunday's off!!!!!!!!!
Pure Protein Bars are def the best for your money--this week i switched it up with Zone perfect--see i switch somethings up! HA
Post a Comment