My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Apple-Raisin Muffins

The orange peel just adds the perfect zing in these muffins.   Isn't that funny?  A little orange peel -- ideal.  A lot of orange peel (like when my toddlers take a big bite of it) -- disgusting and gag inducing.

I suppose a lot of things are like that.

PA130018


Apple-Raisin Muffins
by www.trainermomma.com
source: Set for Life

1 cup whole wheat white flour
1 cup quick oats
1 Tb baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tb freshly grated orange peel
1/4 cup sugar or honey
1 cup skim milk
1 egg
2 Tb canola oil
1 apple, diced
1/3 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix all ingredients.  Stir until just moistened.  Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.  Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.

Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes or 10 minutes for mini-muffins.  Makes 14 muffins or 40 mini muffins.

Muffins are 82 calories.  Mini-muffins are 29 calories.

For a printable version of this recipe, click here.

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

2 comments:

Alisa J said...

82 calories. Nough said. I will try these as soon as I get home from vacation. Question for you- how do you survive the holidays away from home- especially at the inlaws. I don't want to hurt feelings and its really hard to say no. Its just hard to eat well at the inlaws, but I am trying... Any suggestions?

Trainer Momma said...

When I posted this, I honest thought, "Alisa is going to love these" :)

I will put my brain on the in-law thing. Awkward.

Related Posts with Thumbnails