My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

My girlfriend Kristin passed this along to me. Although I have another killer Pumpkin Muffin recipe, I was intrigued because I really wanted to try to bake with some pure maple syrup.

I am glad I did.

PA260022

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
by www.trainermomma.com
adapted from Simply So Good

1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
½ cup pure maple syrup
½ cup nonfat flavored yogurt
½ cup applesauce
½ cup vanilla soymilk
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 3/4 cups whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix all the ingredients.  Spoon into mini muffin tins that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

Bake for 10-11 minutes until tops spring back when touched.

Made 30 mini muffins at 75 calories each.

For a printable version of this recipe click here.

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Mmm...these sounds good. I'll have to give them a try. My kiddos love pumpkin muffins so they'll probably think they've died & gone to heaven if I throw in chocolate chips!

Genevieve said...

This is great! I've got house guests this weekend. Perfection! Mandi saves the day!

Amy said...

Ah, Kristin is the best! I have to laugh that your ad down below your comments is encouraging me to eat DelMex.. TOTALLY not healthy stuff!

skbkmjfamily said...

do you have to use the vanilla soymilk?

Trainer Momma said...

Nope, it's just what I used. You can use skim milk, rice milk, coconut milk -- whatever.

Megan Fletcher said...

on the printable recipe, there's an asterisk next to the yogurt. is there a reason?

Thanks for the recipe! Sounds yummy. Can't wait to try them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails