1,734 (find explanation here)
-500 weight loss calories
+ 660 workout calories
-------------------------
1,894 grand total. Yipper skippers :)
Workout Calories:
282 calories - 50 minutes weight lifting, vigorous with plyo
242 calories - 25 minutes alternating 5 min. stair running/5 min. jump roping. 5 repeats.
135 calories - 30 minutes walking the kids to school. Pushing the stroller loaded with kids and backpacks.
Let's eat!
Pre-workout scarfdown:
5:15 AM
1 slice of whole wheat bread -- from the store (blah!)
2 tsp peanut butter, all natural
1 tsp jam, reduced sugar
155 calories
No homemade bread available! No bananas! I was out of my pre-workout staples.
I grabbed a sliced of 100% whole wheat store bought bread and made it edible with some PB&J. I knew I had a big workout ahead, so I needed to have something for my body to pull from.
8:30 AM
Breakfast:
Cereal and Berry Smoothie
(recipe coming soon)
11:00 AM
Mid-morning snack:
1/2 of an apple, large
1 string cheese
138 calories
1:00 PM
Out to lunch with a dear friend at Pam's Patio Kitchen:
Half-size Mediterranean Field Green Salad
with grilled chicken
Wanna know what was in it?
tomato
cucumber
purple onion
kalamata olives
artichoke hearts
crumbled feta cheese
olive oil balsamic vinaigrette
How many calories? I have no idea.
But, I felt like Goldilocks afterward -- just right :)
Half-size Mediterranean Field Green Salad
with grilled chicken
Wanna know what was in it?
tomato
cucumber
purple onion
kalamata olives
artichoke hearts
crumbled feta cheese
olive oil balsamic vinaigrette
How many calories? I have no idea.
But, I felt like Goldilocks afterward -- just right :)
Off for some thrift store shopping for a few hours before the kids get home from school.
Dear Goodwill,
Why, oh, why do your stores organize the clothes by COLOR?
The task of digging through racks and racks of mixed up sizes of khaki pants just to find a few possibilities is impossible.
I do not have that much time in the day.
By organizing your racks by size, you could greatly reduce the amount of kids running around the store, hiding in the racks, and knocking over the displays.
They are simply doing this because their mothers are waist deep in the 3,435 red shirts you have.
My suggestion:
Please organize your clothes by SIZE.
I can figure out the colors all by myself.
Thank you for your time,
Mandi
4:00 PM
Mid-afternoon snack:
1 Pure Protein Bar
200 calories
6:30 PM
Dinner:
Pasta (Without the the Pasta) Dinner
(find recipe here)
1 nectarine
300 calories
9:00 PM
Headed to bed snack:
1 Chobani non-fat greek yogurt
1 Tb pecans, chopped
190 calories
I lost track of the calorie count due to my lunch out. In anticipation of my lunch date, I gave myself a heavy workout that morning. I tried to eat light all day and eat a reasonable, yummy lunch. Of course, for me, that comes in the form of a salad :)
Mission accomplished.
Good night!
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!








3 comments:
I'm so glad you didn't post my lunch. :D I'm hungry for that place again!
Just curious as to why you have a snack before bed? Is it hunger or some form of helping your body to run more efficiently during the night? Some nights I am a little hungry but don't want the calories sitting on my hips!
I TOTALLY agree with you on the the whole Goodwill thing? It takes so much longer to find anything when put together in colors!
I snack before bed ONLY if I have the calories to do so. Remember -- it always comes back down to calories in vs. calories out. It is a common myth that there are certain times of day (or night) when those calories do more damage. Typically, we advise people not to eat late at night since these calories are usually extra. However, I try to eat 5 small meals during the day, so before bed I am a little hungry. A small something will help me sleep better. Here's my post on this:
http://trainermomma.blogspot.com/2010/02/fit-momma-question-eating-at-night.html
Post a Comment