1,749 RMR (find explanation here)
- 500 calories weight loss calories (find more details here)
+ 632 workout calories
---------------
1,881 total calories -- YIPPEE! There's gonna be some good eatin' going on today!
Workout
394 calories P90X+ Upper body/abs
238 calories running 30 minutes
Let's eat!
5:30 AM
Pre-workout scarfdown:
1 slice of whole wheat bread
8:30 AM
Breakfast:
Steel Cut Oatmeal (find recipe here)
1 banana
268 calories
Mid-morning snack:
11:00 AM
1:00 PM
Lunch:
Corn on the Cob and Sweet Potato Salad (find recipe here)
1 Apple Carrot Muffin (find recipe here)
1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup blueberries
278 calories
6:00 PM
Dinner:
Kids' Swim Team Party
They had generously provided unlimited pizza, soda, and store bought treats for all the swimmers and their families.
I thank them for feeding my children.
They went to town grabbing gobs of food along with all the other kids.
What did I eat?
NADA
I drank about 32 oz of water instead.
WHY?
Frankly, when I am at these kid party things, I know I risk sounding like a food snob (that's because I am), however, I'd just rather spend my calories my own way. The thought of working my buns off, eating clean all day and ruining it with pizza (not that there's anything wrong with pizza -- again, I'm just picky) and powdered donuts is not even remotely tempting.
![]() |
The party got rained out due to a torrential Texas-style rain storm. |
We ran home in the rain -- which ended up being one of my favorite summer memories this year.
Nobody can match the fierceness of a Texas storm. Yum.
8:00 PM
Dinner:
2 eggs, scrambled
1 oz pico de gallo
1/4 cup red and green peppers, chopped
1 slice whole wheat bread
1 wedge of Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Cheese, light
1 Tb strawberry jam, reduced sugar
1 cup skim milk
443 calories
Now, THIS, is more my style. I got all this food in for under 450 calories.
One slice of pizza and one cookie would have been the equivalent at the party.
My dinner was definitely worth waiting for.
Under by 141 calories.
Good night!
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!









5 comments:
I totally agree with you on the pizza thing. One piece of greasy pizza or all that yummy healthy food? No contest!
i agree! your dinner sounded so much better!
Was your party on the same night that ours was? Ours was canceled too b/c of some weird... ODD thunderstorm that wouldn't stop raining for HOURS!
I want to see an EWM post on one of those days when you don't count calories :) really, what IS worth is to you on those types of days? I am curious! :)
I can tell you, Naomi, what IS worth it for me. Once a week -- CHOCOLATE CAKE. I adore everything about it and usually have it on date night. However, again, the food snob in me emerges and I'm very picky. The Doc and I have a fav place around the corner that we've literally begged them to stay open for us so we can snag their last slice of chocolate cake. I'm just smiling as I think about it.
You are right, I will have to blog on a non-calorie counting day. It pretty much is identical to this, however, add a slice of chocolate cake to the end of it.
Is it Date Night yet?
Post a Comment