My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lovin' these Muffins!

From Personal Training pics
A client/friend of mine passed on this recipe to me. I made them today and they are disappearing before I can get control of the situation! This recipe is definitely a keeper! Thanks, Paige!

Apple Carrot Muffins
adapted from Bob's Red Mill Flax Meal

1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c ground flax seed
3/4 c oat bran (I have used rolled oats or wheat germ as a substitute)
1 c brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c carrots - shredded
2 apples - peeled and shredded
1/2 c raisens
1 c nuts - chopped (I used walnuts)
3/4 c skim milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Stir all ingredients together until moistened. Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Fill tins 3/4 full. Bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes. For mini muffins, bake 12 minutes. Yield: 15 muffins or 30 mini muffins.

Each regular sized muffin is 197 calories (with no nuts).

Click here for a printable version of this recipe.



2 comments:

Amy said...

Great! Thanks for the recipe! OK... next time you make it, try it w/ crushed pineapple!! :)

Kjell Crowe said...

tried this this week.! LOVE THEM. My little girl loves them, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails