E D U C A T I O N:
Cal(cium) State University
Masters degree in Protein (graduated with honors)
Bachelors degree is Potassium
E X P E R I E N C E / S K I L L S:
Weight Loss
A study at the University of Tennesse compared 2 groups of dieters in a 12-week study. Both groups reduced their calories by 500 a day and one of the groups also added yogurt to their diets. These dieters lost 22% more weight, 66% more body fat and 81% more stomach fat compared to those who just reduced their calories during the 12-week study. WOW. Did I hit a home run in that one or what?!?
Calcium
I don't know why milk gets all the hype since I am the real deal. I provide around 40% of your recommended dietary allowance for calcium in one 8-oz serving. And because of the live-active cultures in me the calcium is absorbtion is increased and your body gets more of the calcium from me than from the same amount of milk. Don't make any bones about it. Also, let's not forget your colon. Good amounts of calcium means a healthy colon. And what do they say? "You're only as healthy as your colon." I'm just sayin'.
Protein
With 10-14 grams of protein per serving, I pack a serious punch. Have me for breakfast and you'll easily make it to your mid-morning snack. Throw me in a shake after your workout and help repair those muscles after your lifting session.
Potassium
So, I heard you are pumping some iron and are set on building and maintaining a bit more muscle mass (great idea, by the way). Since I have 510 mg of potassium per serving, I can help those muscles function at their peak. I also assist in super-hero-razor-sharp nerve function -- essential for catching that 18-month-old before she races across the street. With all this potassium, I will also help lower your blood pressure and increase your energy level. Yes, I did just say INCREASE YOUR ENERGY LEVEL. I may be cocky, but hey -- I have a lot to offer.
Wait! There's more!
Easy to digestGreat for the lactose intolerant among us
Boosts immunity
Intestinal healing (got the runs? Give me a try :)
Decreases yeast infections -- move over Monistat!
V E R S I T I L E:
I hate to put my competition out of a job, but I must say I am a perfect substitute in recipes for the following:
Mayonnaise
Sour cream
Ice cream
Milk
Buttermilk
B A S I C S T A T S:
1 cup of plain yogurt
110 calories
11 g of protein
11-15 g of sugar
B E S T Q U A L I T I E S:
I am low in calorie and keep you full for hours. Sweeten me with a little honey, agave nectar, stevia, or fresh fruit and we'll get along just fine.
I M P O S T E R S:
I am such a hunk so effective at my job that many other products out there try to pass themselves off for me. Don't fall for it.
Choose options that are:
Nonfat or lowfat (no more than 4 g of fat)
Low sugar content -- around 15 grams or less.
Look for the words "live culture" or "active culture".
Have a short ingredient list.
Avoid options that:
Have high fructose corn syrup.
Have high amounts of fat.
Have been "heat-treated".
Are associated with Shrek or Sponge Bob Square pants. No thanks.
R E F E R R A L S:
www.trainermomma.com
Banana Bread
Homemade Energy Bars
Breakfast PB Banana Split
Winner Breakfast Ideas
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Banana Bread
Homemade Energy Bars
Breakfast PB Banana Split
Winner Breakfast Ideas
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
C O N T A C T I N F O:
You can find me any time in your local grocery store.
Hire me to take care of your Fit Momma bod today!
Hire me to take care of your Fit Momma bod today!
Trivia: Does the Trainer Momma occasionally buy yogurts with artificial sweetners? Answer: Yep -- mostly lowfat and low sugar ones for the kids. OK, I do enjoy a treat of vanilla yogurt occasionally. Here's my take on artificial sweetners...
How about you, Fit Momma? Do you have a love affair with yogurt? Have you tried plain yogurt?
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


6 comments:
Mmmmm, you're convincing me to go get some. I love yogurt. I fell in love with it on my mission in France. I don't love the sugared up ones that are mostly available in this country of ours. I'm inspired to go on a hunt for good yogurt. Thanks!
I actually make my own yogurt and prefer that to anything else out there. I love to add honey to it to sweeten it up for use it with my cereal instead of milk. The whole family loves it. I would never buy the store sweetened stuff again. I do buy a plain greek yogurt for my starter.
Tiffany -- wow. That's one thing I haven't tried. I will definitely have to give it a shot.
My mom used to make all our yogurt and it definitely has a very distinct, tangy taste. The brand that comes closest, and is also the most natural, is Mountain High. They only make plain and vanilla, and they use only evaporated cane juice for sweetener. It is by far the best yogurt out there, and I make special trips to Randalls or Safeway to get it every week.
Mountain High yogurt is my favorite as well. Of course, here in SA the single grocery store in town doesn't carry it. Grrr. I wish we had a Randalls or Safeway in town.
I used to ask HEB to order me certain items I couldn't find, and they always did it for me. Maybe ask them to start carrying it or make an order for you. All they can say is no!
Post a Comment