My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

I enjoyed a charming little Mother's Day gathering today at a friend's house.  The food -- oh the food -- just kept me coming back for more!  I made these cupcakes/muffins  as my contribution.  They are a bit health-ified (Is that a word?  Apparently not.), but definitely still have some calories.  I love, however, that it calls for an entire pound of grated carrots (yeah for the food processor!) and has limited oil.  Very yummy!


Carrot Cake Cupcakes
adapted from www.womenshealthmag.com

3 c whole-wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 c lightly packed brown sugar
1/4 c canola oil
2 large eggs
1/2 c plain yogurt
1 lb carrots, grated
1/2 c golden raisins (I did not use these)
4 oz light cream cheese, at room temperature
1 c confectioners' sugar
1/4 c chopped walnuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.

2. Mix beat brown sugar and canola oil for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in yogurt, carrots, and raisins. Mix in the flour mixture until just combined.

3. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack.

4.  Mix cream cheese and sugar. Spread over each cupcake. Top with walnuts, if desired.

Makes 18-20 with 220 calories per cupcake.

** Tonight's the last chance to enter the TM Mother's Day Giveaways!   Good luck!

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

5 comments:

Chiemi said...

Oh yum! My husband is drooling. :D

Robyn said...

Those look so tasty :)

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

Those were yummy! I continued to graze on mine the rest of the afternoon...

amelia said...

OOH! i want to make those... today!
thanks for sharing!

AmyJo said...

Yum! I have been meaning to say that your photos are looking quite lovely lately, good job :)

P.S. I have pictures to send you...as soon as my hubby gets back on Sunday with the camera :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails