My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Time to Tri!

Well, well, well.  Guess what tomorrow is.  The Doc's birthday.  Oh, yeah, and time for the Freshman Triathlon!  Back in February I sent out an all call for any locals to join in  a sprint triathlon.  We have about 10 daring women and to say I'm excited would be an understatement.



I thought I'd post a very general list of "What To Do and Bring" when doing a sprint triathlon as a newbie.  This is by no means exhaustive, but simply off the top of my head.

What to Eat Pre-Race-
I like to wake up early, and eat a bowl of oatmeal. This gets my digestive tract moving, if you know what I mean. I also drink about 24 oz of water.

When I get to the race site, I eat a banana or protein bar for right before race. Since this is a sprint length tri, I don’t eat during the race at all. Be sure to be hydrated.

Clothing-
This is entirely up to you. I personally swim in my biking shorts and a workout tank top with a built in sports bra. Just remember that your body will be wet, so to put a lot of dry clothes on your wet body is tricky. You will have to put your race number on your front after the swim. They do provide safety pins.

Swim-
cap
goggles
something to swim in (no skinny dipping allowed!)

Bike-
bike
shoes
socks
helmet
water
sunglasses

Run-
shoes
socks
hat
sunglasses

Other -
Towel
Race number
Race number belt
Flip flops/sandals for pre-race
Directions to race
Pre-race food
Camera
Sunscreen

There are no iPods or earphones allowed during the race (this is standard).

I've gotta go check the air in my tires and get packing!  Actually I need to put away today's groceries, get a haircut, pick up the kids from school, and hopefully I'll gather my gear and get to bed at a decent hour.

Wish us luck!

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I hope you & Kristen have a BLAST!! :) Maybe I should come along and take pictures... :)

Kate said...

Sounds like fun! Have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

Yikes, Amy! I still have your lens!!

the Villamor's said...

mine is in 2 weeks...just nervous about the swim...that lake water is going to be chilly i believe!! Hopefully it will be hot and muggy like it is now....

but I can't wait! Hope you all did great!

Gurl Runn'R said...

I would love to do a triathlon! Let us know how is goes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails