My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Called ALL Texas Fit Mommas!

I posted on Monday on how motivational it is to train for a race. I challenged you to track down and register for one in your area.

So, here's the deal:

I giving an all call to all those Fit Mommas in the San Antonio and surrounding areas to join me in a sprint triathlon.




The race: Windcrest Freshman Triathlon

Location: Windcrest Swimming Pool, 5609 Winsong, Windcrest, TX 78239

Distances: Swim 200M pool swim, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run

Date: Saturday, May 1, 2010

Time: Race starts at 8:00 AM

Fee: $50 before 4/1/2010, $60 until 4/30/2010, $70 on race day

Website to register: Windcrest Freshman Tri

I did this race last year and it is so low key. Small numbers and a very supportive and positive atmosphere. It was ideal for calming the nerves. This is as sprint as it gets. It is a perfect beginner race, open to ALL abilities, ages, shapes, and sizes! Last year I raced next to a 88-year-old grandma (I barely nosed her out at the finish line).

The timing is perfect: only 3 months away. Plenty of time to dust off the bikes, get our running/walking shoes broken in, and buy a new pair of goggles since your kids lost last summer's pair.

I would love to not do this race alone (The Doc will be working, I'll be racing... Hhhmmm, who gets the better end of this deal?:). Not sure if you can pull it off? Just TRY IT! You can swim any stroke at all, just stay on your bike for the 10 miles, and even walk the 2 miles in the end. YOU CAN FINISH THIS ONE!

Please email me at trainermomma@gmail.com to let me know if you are IN and we'll set up a place/time to meet with our gear in tow!


7 comments:

RN Mama said...

Sounds like fun! I wish I lived close enough to do it with you:) I'm still hoping to do the Iron Goddess Tri here in MI in November. I just can't get going on my running yet, because my knee is bothering me:(

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

I'm in!!

Chiemi said...

So cool!

julie said...

I would do it in a heartbeat! Sounds like the perfect race for me. Wish I lived closer. I'm gonna find one closer to Amarillo.

the Villamor's said...

ohhhh...wish i could! there are hardly any races down here on Saturdays!

Amy said...

So, it looks like you & Kristen... I'll be there at the end handing you your water bottles. :D

AmyJo said...

I may be crazy, but I am thinking of doing this! I have never done anything like this before. I have to figure out what to do...help!

Related Posts with Thumbnails