Calorie Budget:
1,482 + 457 workout calories = 1,939 grand total
Let's eat!
5:15 AM
Pre-workout scarfdown:
1 whole wheat tortilla
110 calories
110 calories
Alert, alert!
Panic!
OUT OF WHOLE WHEAT BREAD!
8:20 AM
Breakfast:
1 Pumpkin Smoothie
Seriously, I was sucking this down on the way to the gym. Thank goodness for smoothies when I cut the time too short in the morning.
11:00 AM
Snack:
1 Pure Protein Bar
200 calories
1:00 PM
Lunch:
2 cups Vegetable Soup
333 calories
4:00 PM
Mid-afternoon snack:
1 pear
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
169 calories
5:00 PM
Snack #3 for the day:
Man, these are hard to walk past.
6:00 PM
Dinner:
1 slice of whole wheat homemade pizza
(find recipe here)
(find recipe here)
veggies on top
1 zucchini, steamed
181 calories
181 calories
9:00 PM
Before bed snack:
1 cup of Peanut Butter Puffins
1 cup of skim milk
237 calories
237 calories
Peanut butter + Puffins = WHOA
I am not responsible for introducing you to this completely addictive cereal.
I could not bring myself to pour the milk on top of the cereal, it was so perfect straight out of the box.
Just don't try it with chocolate chips (not that I have, or anything :)
I am not responsible for introducing you to this completely addictive cereal.
I could not bring myself to pour the milk on top of the cereal, it was so perfect straight out of the box.
Just don't try it with chocolate chips (not that I have, or anything :)
Under 178 calories.








11 comments:
your food looks great! Do you feel extra hungry the next day when you go under that many calories? and do you mind sharing what you are doing for your workouts to burn that many calories?
how many servings are in the fiber bar recipe, because when I calculated it out, I thought it was more. 85 calories sounds a lot better than what I had calculated. We have homemade pizza often. I can't get enough of the stuff! It beats the store bought crust or pizza hut any day!
The Fiber bars have 36 servings.
I was waiting for that question! I will have to include it in the EWM posts. I did a ton of cardio this day. Thirty minutes of Plyometrics, 20 minute jog to take the kids too and from school, then about 20 minutes of basketball at work (hard job, but someone has to do it :)
Um, ya. Someone I know well ate a whole box of PB puffins recently. Throughout the day...:)
I won't buy them for awhile...no control!
Liz
I bought the Puffins for my daughter last week but I don't think she's had one and they are almost gone. They are totally my new treat...I'll have to try them with chocolate chips. Yummy!!!
You know, there are some occasions when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall asleep because I'm too hungry. On that rare occasion, I'll just grab a glass of milk and get back into bed. Then stare at the ceiling forever until the blessed alarm goes off. But typically, it doesn't carry over to the next day.
another question about the fiber bars: does the 85 calories include the chocolate chips? I assume it does, but again when i calculated it it seemed off. I believe that is what is in your fiber bar in the picture, and that is what i put in mine, I just want to make sure...thanks!
Alisa -- You are so right! The Choc Chips must not have been added last time. I got 161 calories. Is that closer to what you got?
Ya, that is closer. I actually added wheat bran instead of wheat germ (I did not have enough germ), and the bran is less calories, and packs more fiber, so I came out to around 128 calories per bar. I might do only a cup of chocolate chips next time. That way I can still get my chocolate fix but it will be right around 100 calories then. Thanks for all of these yummy recipes! I love trying new healthy recipes! I don't think we have had the same recipe in weeks. Its awesome!
Post a Comment