I'm ready to really commit to a healthier lifestyle, but I just don't know where to start. Should I dive in head first? Or maybe I need to get used to the water first?
Another similar question:
How and where do you get started? What are some baby steps I can follow so I don't get so overwhelmed with everything attacking at once?
And this one:
I'm just wondering where should I begin?
So, it's time. You've known it for a while now. You are finally at a point of
Trainer Momma Getting Started Tip #1:
WALK

Commit to moving every day for 30 minutes. I'm not talking a jog, I'm just talking a walk. Start with four days a week, then work up to 6 days a week. You can do this anywhere. Around your office building after work. At a park. At the gym. Around your neighborhood. WALK. This not only will help you will weight loss, but heart health -- which is equally as important.
Trainer Momma Getting Started Tip #2:
WATER

Drink water. Lots of it. I challenge my clients to drink a gallon a day. When/if you exercise this becomes very easy since you'll naturally be thirsty and be chugging it down. Yes, you'll be running to the bathroom (hey, more calories burned!). But, it will suppress your appetite like nothing else. If you are hungry again and you just ate an hour ago? DRINK WATER.
Trainer Momma Getting Started Tip #3:
CONSISTENCY.
This is what most people struggle with. Your life can revolve around health -- not on a diet, off a diet. Not on a jogging binge off a jogging binge. Just doing it every day so it is part of you will be a major -- and PERMANENT -- life change.
Hey, Fit Mommas! What are your Getting Started Tips? Anything that helped you get off the couch and start moving? We aren't selling products here, just sharing what works... :) Thanks!
Thanks for the questions, ideas, and feedback. Them them coming my way! Email me anytime.

4 comments:
Love this post, because I have been on again/off again healthy for years and now... in my 7th month of pregnancy and weighing 200 pounds (2 icky months to go), I've been feeling desperate to start again- but not sure if I should start now, or wait until post baby. But walking, water, and just being consistent? I can do that TODAY. :)
Hey Mandi-
Quick thought that was on my mind. With Easter coming and a new lifestyle change for me and my family, I have no idea what the Easter Bunny should bring this year. So used to giving junk galore that my husband and I finish in a week. Don't want to do that this year. Any ideas. What kinds of things do you give to your kids for Easter?
Alicia -- Thanks for the great post idea! Coming next week -- that's a promise! And, if I can figure out this new Mac and video features, I'd really like to pass on a lower body workout next week as well (it's about time!).
Great post. I love your blog and find it very inspirational. We moms always put ourselves last, but your encouragement helps us take steps in the right direction. Your recipes for healthy snacks are really great too.
Post a Comment