My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Eat With the Kids: 2/3/10

Today we'll start easy and follow my 8-year-old gal. She'll eat basically whatever is handed to her and aims to please. It has become important to her to eat health foods like her parents, read food labels, and is not a big snacker. She basically only eats when she's hungry. She is the only kid that will wrestle me down for the last slice of an orange.






7:00 AM
Breakfast:

1 cup oatmeal (made with skim milk, sweetened with a bit of brown sugar)
1/2 pear (if she can eat it before her younger brother swipes it first)



11:15 AM
Lunch:

1 turkey wrap (1 Kidz Flat Out bread, 1 slice of deli turkey, 1 slice of cheddar cheese)
1 boiled egg
1 no sugar added Cinnamon applesauce
1 clementine orange

Tressa likes four things in her lunch, for whatever reason. This looks a bit sparse to me... Tomorrow I'm adding a fifth something.




4:15 PM
After school snacks:

Yep, I was right. She had chess club after school and was starving when I picked her up!

In the car she ate:

a 82 Blackberry Spice mini muffins ( I have no idea how many)
find recipe here




At home she ate:

1 boiled egg
(the MVP of snacks in our house. We can't keep them on the shelves around here.)



1 bowl of 100 calorie popcorn during homework time



6:00 PM
Dinner

Veggie Quiche with Potato Crust (find recipe here)
strawberries
1 slice of whole wheat bread
1 glass of skim milk



7:45 PM
After basketball practice ice cream run:

$.99 night at Baskin Robbins
(thanks to Grandpa for instituting this recent tradition)

Is she happy or what?


8 comments:

Carley said...

What a great segment! Tressa looks so cute. I'm anxious to see what Brian eats in a day...

Crystal Star said...

Mandi- this is so helpful. Remember my "good-little eater". I'm going to have her follow T's eating to get a better idea of how she can feel full/healthy and eat smart. Maybe you can tell her that. She could have her one little health blog to help the kids out there- seriously.(since you have time for that :)

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

what a fun segment! this makes me miss your kiddos- when are you and the doc leaving town again? i call dibs on the kids (especially now you have that zipline) :D

Anonymous said...

Just wondering...What are those other things on the plate (by the pears) at breakfast time? Are they gummy-vitamins?

I like this segment.... it reminded me to hard-boil some eggs. My kids really like them, when I remember to make them.

Would LOVE to get your whole wheat bread recipe!

Trainer Momma said...

Yep -- those are gummi vitamins from Costco. The kids love them (so do I).

Courtney said...

I love seeing what she eats! I have been looking for kids water bottles just like that. Who makes them and where did you buy them?

Shawna said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing, I always need ideas for the kiddo's lunches. I hope you'll continue to post what you're eating too, you give me so much inspiration!

Trainer Momma said...

I got those water bottles at our local -- and ONLY -- grocery store HEB. They are called "InZone" for kids. Good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails