I threw together a simple dinner this week -- Spicy Baked Chicken, steamed broccoli, and Oven-Baked Sweet Potatoes. The Doc declared that this is in his top five of favorite meals. It's is so stinking easy to get done ahead of time, then just pop in in the oven for a while. Here goes...
| From November 2009 |
This is my dish.
The Doc's dish has about four times this many sweet potatoes on them.
Plus he eats them right out of the pan.
Oven-Baked Sweet PotatoesThe Doc's dish has about four times this many sweet potatoes on them.
Plus he eats them right out of the pan.
2 large sweet potatoes, washed, scrubbed, and cut into 1/2 -1" wedges
3 T. olive oil -- more if you need it
garlic powder
seasoning blend -- (I can't live without Morton's Nature's Seasons Seasoning Blend with 25 % Less Sodium)
Toss the sweet potatoes with oil and seasonings in a large, sealed zip lock bag. Coat well with seasonings -- be generous here! Shake and roll the bag around so all the sweet potatoes are coated.
| From November 2009 |
Place potatoes in a baking dish, I try to do skin down. Bake in 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until tender.
I like to make the Sweet Potatoes along side my Spicy Baked Chicken. I bake my chicken longer and slower, so I will rub it with my favorite spicy chicken rub (Rudy's Rub), cover it with foil, and cook for about an hour at 325 degrees.
I cook the chicken first for around 30 minutes at 325 degrees. Then, I'll add the Oven-Baked Sweet Potatoes for the last 30 minutes.
| From November 2009 |
I also make this same dish using red potatoes. However, these take much longer to cook -- around an hour at 400 degrees.


3 comments:
I love sweet potatoes! We roast them in the oven all the time. They are by far my favorite veggie.
YUM! I'll have to give it a try. I've tried sweet potatoe fries before, but they didn't taste like I wanted them to. Look at your plate! I was impressed that the majority of your plate was veggies. Not that I expect anything less from you :) The pancake and Waffle recipies are by far my kids favorite. I make them almost ever week. I even bought myself a new waffle maker for Christmas since the old one was getting hammered and I was making so many waffles. My daughter pleads for me to make them ALL THE TIME!
Those sweet potatoes will be at the top of my grocery list this week! Yum, yum! Looks delish!
Post a Comment