What do I do with all the tempting stuff showing up at my door?
Rolls.
Fudge.
Popcorn balls.
Sugar cookies.
Cinnamon rolls.
Gingerbread men.
Chocolate dipped pretzels.
Homemade peppermint patties.
'Tis
the
season!
Fudge.
Popcorn balls.
Sugar cookies.
Cinnamon rolls.
Gingerbread men.
Chocolate dipped pretzels.
Homemade peppermint patties.
'Tis
the
season!
All this and more – at your doorstep! Yep, that’s right, the goodie plates have started to pass over the from their house to yours… What are you gonna do?
![]() |
| From Collages |
You can play three roles here… I have tried all three at different times, and have found the last option is the one that works for me and my family:
Jolly Old St. Nick– Just forget it. Keep it all, enjoy, inhale every cookie with the force of your Shop-Vac, and slurp up every last crumb. Deal with the damage come January 1st.
Ebenezer Scrooge – Dump everything in the garbage can ASAP and squirt ketchup on it so you can’t go dumpster diving for it (I learned that trick from my sister-in-law. It works. Trust me, divinity with ketchup is not a good combo).
I remember missing most Christmas goodies since my mother would literally not even let them hit the kitchen counter before giving them away to someone else. We had to be seriously fast on the draw to nab a sugar cookie or piece of homemade fudge. This irritated us kids and we still joke about it every Christmas. I realize now that my mom was doing that for her own protection, not necessarily to be the Sugar-Cookie-Scrooge of the season.
Fit Momma – Be moderate. Let everyone in your family have a treat from your well meaning neighbor, then its time for that food to move on! I’ll send them to work with the Doc, regift to a favorite babysitter, give them to the lawn guys, put them in the kids’ lunches, freeze and bring them back out on Christmas day for an all out gorge session.
I realize that this post will most likely greatly reduce the amount of holidays treats the Readings will be graced with – sorry kids! I'll make it up to you... :)



3 comments:
I was pleasantly surprised to have gotten popcorn with three different seasonings last night!! We plan on giving out granola with tons of dried fruit, so maybe (cross my fingers) other people are trying to be a little more healthy too??
Those are some great ideas. I might have to use something besides Ketchup, seeing as ketchup is sometimes the main course for me when I'm eating dinner. Man, I got to break that habit.
I always send the extra goodies with my husband to work.
Post a Comment