Anything with the words "cranberry" and "nut" in it is going to mean a grand slam in my mouth. This one was great. I made it for the Thanksgiving road trip and it was a perfect treat for me and the rascals.
Cranberry Nut Bread
by www.trainermomma.com
2 cups whole wheat white flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 baking soda
3/4 cup orange juice
2 Tb canola oil
1 Tb orange peel, grated
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped (yes, REAL cranberries)
1/2 cup nuts, chopped (I used walnuts)
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
Spray a large (9x5 in.) loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Put on a good CD and chop your cranberries and nuts. This will take a while.
Mix all ingredients together, adding the cranberries and nuts in last. Stir until just blended and spread evenly into loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool on rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Made 12 slices. 187 calories per slice.
For a printable version of this recipe, click there.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


2 comments:
Mmmmm... Sounds Yummy!
I can't wait to make this! I love cranberry nut bread! Thanks.
Post a Comment