My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Raisin Bran Muffins

Although it is high in sugar due to the raisins, I do buy Raisin Bran from time to time for the kids (and the Doc).  As long as it doesn't have those sugar-coated candies raisins, I'm OK with it.  I did use some to make these muffins for breakfast and snacks.  I think I've been eating them more than anyone.  


P8310003


Raisin Bran Muffins
by www.trainermomma.com

4 cups raisin bran cereal
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.

In a separate bowl, beat the egg, applesauce, vanilla, and milk until nice and frothy.  Add to dry ingredients and mix with a large spoon.

Pour into well greased muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full.

Bake for about 22-25 minutes.  Let cool for 10 minutes before chowing down.

Makes 24 muffins.
115 calories each.

For a printable version of this recipe, click here.

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'll have to try these! Thanks.

Val and Dan said...

Just made these today---delicious!

James and Jessi McCalvy said...

We don't eat a dozen muffins very fast, let alone 2 dozen... But I made a dozen muffins and "raisin bran bread" with the rest of the batter. We're 1/2 way through the muffins (they're good warmed in the microwave) and the bread is in the freezer for when we run out. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails