Zucchini Brownies
adapted from Fit Momma Aimee
by www.trainermomma.com
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups zucchini, shredded (about 2 or 3 zucchini, depending on size)
1 egg
3/4 sugar
3/4 brown sugar
1/2 cup plain yogurt, non-fat
1/2 applesauce, unsweetened
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, semi-sweet
Mix all ingredients minus the chocolate chips until combined. Spread evenly into a greased 9x13 pan.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over top of batter.
Cook at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes. To check, insert toothpick and it should come out clean.
Trainer Momma Tip: ** This must cool COMPLETELY before you cut and eat it. I like to make it at night, let it cool overnight, then serve it the next day. It just doesn't taste the same warm.**
Makes 28 bars. 100 calories per bar.
For a printable version of this recipe, click here.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


11 comments:
Can't believe I found this in my reader this morning, I was actually planning to make them today and was thinking of you. They really are the moistest brownies I have ever tasted. Apparently my shredder makes humongous slivers of zucchini because they were hanging out all over the place on mine? Did you run yours through a food processor or something after shredding or is it just my shredder? Most of the photos I've seen of these look more like yours ... that's why I just HAD to try it again this weekend :) See if I could get it right this time.
I run my zucchini through the food processor -- but they still are big. However, I never had a problem with it hanging out... Perhaps mine are a bit smaller than yours? I love these. You could shred, then chop them up a bit.
These look delicious. I see they are 100 calories per bar. Do we know how many fat & fiber grams there are per bar?
Fat is 1.6g
Fiber is 1.67g
Sugar is 2.24g
AARGH! I wish I had this recipe about 5 weeks ago... when I had zuchinni coming out of my ears! Now our garden is all dried up!
:( Next year...
Thanks for the recipe anyway!
Gotta print this off!
I have SO been craving CHOCOLATE these days!
xo
You ROCK sweet~girl!
Thanks for all the great info!
Mmm... I absolutely will make these!! They look divine! Thank you so much for the recipe!
I'm going to have to try these next time a chocolate craving hits, but I'm thinking they might not last a whole week around here!
so excited to make these today!
how do you get 28 bars? and how big are those? 1 bite??
I just cut them 4 down and 7 across. They are a few bites. Perfect for the kids. Just the perfect hit of chocolate...
Post a Comment