This weekend I had a "Mothering Moment".
You know, one of those times when your heart feels like it is going to burst out of your chest cavity?
My daughter and I did a race together.
And to even make it sweeter, my mother did it with us.
It was a three generational memory.
The three of us all participated in the annual Gatormania Open Water Swim. My nine-year-old did the quarter-mile option and cheered on my mom and I while we did the one-mile swim.
Then I cheered for both of them when they placed first in their age groups.
When I became a mother no one told me about this part:
the overwhelming
love,
excitement,
pride,
joy,
and delight
when my child accomplishes something new and challenging.
WOW.
I bet it will be even double awesome when I'm a grandma and have grandkids.
I'll go ask my mom.
Related Posts:Have You Tried This? Open Water Swimming
Why I Workout
Top 10 Reasons You Need To Swim Some Laps Today
Family Fitness: Swim Fit
Sergeant Mom
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


5 comments:
so awesome!!
That's so cool! Way to go Tessa and Janene! I just love the women in your family and sure miss seeing y'all. : )
Way to go ladies!!
How incredibly awesome! What a wonderful past time to pass down to your children as well and the fact that they won well it makes it even sweeter! I'm glad you guys have this wonderful memory of each other. I'll bet none of you will ever forget it
That is AWESOME.
Post a Comment