Have you entered the
Trainer Momma
Amazon Gift Card
GIVEAWAY?
It closes Monday night...
Fit Momma Kristin sent in this great question:
I set out several months ago to lose weight. Well, I've done it. But now what? I am having a hard time switching gears. Actually, I'm kind of afraid to. What if I gain the weight back? AH!
You did it!
(Insert me doing a cheerleader herkie here just for you!)
Living
You are now ready to move to the next phase -- living instead of just losing. It's time to enjoy the rewards of healthy living and eating on a daily basis. This is not the Rattler rollercoaster ride at Six Flags -- those days are over. You are a healthy, active person now and well, you need to act like one. Forever. Until we die. OK, that sounds a bit dismal -- it actually is very liberating and empowering!
Goals
What are your new fitness goals? It is a new mindset. Instead of constantly thinking of what your body looks like and all the numbers, it's time to focus on what your body can DO. Enter some events, work on improving your favorite workouts, or try some new sports/workouts. Also, have you started incorporating weight lifting into your regular workouts? Many women get the skinny thing down, but being strong is equally important. Don't forget the weights.
Increase Calories
Too many people make the mistake at this point of bagging all their good habits and going straight back to the bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken. Don't do that -- be sure to increase your calories with nutrient dense food and feel free to enjoy a treat a few times a week. You definitely will have the calories to do it!
Trust Yourself
This is not a time to panic, but to confidently take over the drivers seat and enjoy the ride. You've lost weight, right? If a few pounds creep on, you'll know how to take them off. You've learned so many great skills like consistent exercise, weight lifting, portion control, and good food choices. All you need to do is use those skills daily and you'll be fine. I promise!
Find What Works For You
I take it easy on the weekends slightly and do have a treat here or there. That's why I am always losing the same pound every week. For me, that's what works. I'm happy reducing my calories during the week slightly, so I can relax occasionally. No, I'm not going crazy (when I do I get ill) -- but I definitely enjoy my chocolate cupcake. And probably some ice cream :) The scale and body fat usually creep up about 5 lbs over a few months, then I start counting calories for about 3 days again, get back on track, I adjust my eating, and lose it. It works for me -- that is important. Find what works for you and stick to it. You'll tweek your "system" as time goes on, usually for the better.
**Side note: I count calories regularly now because of the weekly Eat With Me posts on Trainer Momma. Before the blog I would only count them every few months to get myself back on track.
Enjoy this new season! With smart living, clean eating, and consistent exercise you can enjoy your health, energy, smaller clothes size, and a treat here and there. It really is a great place to stay.
Hey Fit Mommas, how have you made the transition from weight loss to lifestyle? Any tips? Comment below to tell us WHAT WORKS!
Have a question about fitness or nutrition? Send it my way -- I love this stuff!
Find past Fit Momma Questions and answers here.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


3 comments:
Way to go!! That is awesome! You look great!
I just found your blog. Very inspiring. I am not yet a momma, but I can appreciate everything you write about. I love it! :)
This has honestly got to be THE BEST BLOG out there!
One of my top 5 for sure!!!!!
I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your guidance!
Thank you Trainer Momma!
xo
Post a Comment