My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Brownie Bites

This is your standard, gotta-have-a-chocolate-fix-ASAP-but-I-don't-want-to-blow-my-calories-out-of-the-atmosphere kinda treat.  They are simple, fast, and popular all over weight loss websites.  We've been eating them for years and the kids (and the Doc) dig in every time.


Brownie Bites
by www.trainermomma.com (I didn't invent this, but don't know who I stole it from...)

1 devils food cake mix
1 15 oz can of pumpkin

Just mix the two together.  Mixture is very thick.  Place batter in mini muffin tins sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

Bake at 400 for  around 10 -12 minutes (until they bounce back when touched).

Makes 36 mini muffins at 60 calories per muffin.

**Note:  These are WAY better when they care totally cooled.  In fact, we think they are even better the next day.

For a printable version of this recipe, click here.

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

6 comments:

Laura from Colorado said...

Here's another brownie recipe for you....a box of brownie mix and a can of pureed black beans (juice and all). Bake according to directions on the box, and eat after they have cooled COMPLETELY. Otherwise you can detect the beans.

Your blog and especially the recipes have helped me so much....15 pounds in the last two months! Now I only have those last 5 vanity pounds to deal with.

Trainer Momma said...

Laura -- I haven't tried your recipe, but will for sure! Congrats on the weight loss, that is some major SUCCESS :) You must feel like a million bucks!

Laura from Colorado said...

Thanks! Funny what watching your portions, eating the right foods, and burning major calories (I'm now addicted to taebo) will do!

Also, I forgot to add this to the recipe, but I think each brownie comes in around 100 calories....depending on how big they are, of course!
Happy 4th! I hope your kiddos are feeling better.

Colleen said...

I've made cookies almost the same way, only with a spice cake mix, can of pumpkin and chocolate chips. They're so yummy and moist! Too bad a cake mix has all sorts of nasty stuff in it. I need to figure out how to do these kind of things from scratch.

Vennesa said...

We do the brownies the same as Laura only definitely rinse the beans, pour them back in the can and fill the can to the top with water. Then puree and follow the brownie mix.
Now if someone could invent a brownie mix without hydrogenated oils!

Emily said...

Right on about letting them cool all the way. Don't know what chemical reaction makes them taste yucky when they are hot. Also, a handful (or three) of chocolate chips really hits the chocolate spot. Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails