Sweet Potato
E D U C A T I O N:
Complex Carbohydrate UniversityMasters degree in Dietary Fiber
Bachelors degree in Good Source of Protein
E X P E R I E N C E / S K I L L S:
Vitamin A/ Beta Carotene
I am loaded with antioxidants that protect your cells from cancer and other unwanted diseases. I will improve your super-mom vision. I also can reduce acne (which should have been gone in high school but isn't) and psoriasis.
Vitamin C
Are the kids screaming? The bills mounting? Your job is getting more demanding? Leave it to me to handle this crazy stress. Although I don't cure the common cold, I am very experienced at reducing complications of the cold (I have combated pneumonia and lung infections for years).
Vitamin B6
I am a champion heart disease fighter. I also help those calm those perfectly rational symptoms of PMS.
V E R S I T I L E:
Baked
Boiled
Zapped
Mashed
Pan fried (in a healthy oil or Pam, of course)
Grated and hidden in most any main dish
Baked
Boiled
Zapped
Mashed
Pan fried (in a healthy oil or Pam, of course)
Grated and hidden in most any main dish
B A S I C S T A T S:
1 medium sweet potato103 calories
2.3 g of protein
3.8 grams of fiber
B E S T Q U A L I T I E S:
I have a sweet taste that doesn't need much to enjoy. I am low in calorie and keep you full for hours.
R E F E R R A L S:
B E S T Q U A L I T I E S:
I have a sweet taste that doesn't need much to enjoy. I am low in calorie and keep you full for hours.
R E F E R R A L S:
www.trainermomma.com
Oven Baked Sweet Potatoes
Super Speedy Sweet Potatoes
C O N T A C T I N F O:
You can find me any time in your local produce section or Farmer's Market. You don't even have to call before hand. I'll be waiting.
Hire me to take care of your Fit Momma bod today!
Hey, Fit Mommas! Are you a shameless sweet potato fan like me? I'm always up for trying new ways to eat these. Share your favorite recipes with us by commenting below or emailing me. YUM!
Oven Baked Sweet Potatoes
Super Speedy Sweet Potatoes
C O N T A C T I N F O:
You can find me any time in your local produce section or Farmer's Market. You don't even have to call before hand. I'll be waiting.
Hire me to take care of your Fit Momma bod today!
Hey, Fit Mommas! Are you a shameless sweet potato fan like me? I'm always up for trying new ways to eat these. Share your favorite recipes with us by commenting below or emailing me. YUM!
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks! 



13 comments:
Great Post! I love Sweet Potatoes! I am new at "hiring" them, but we are learning
I could eat one every day!
I am in love with sweet potatoes! I love love love them!
So good with a little cottage cheese and salt! Delish! But what's the difference between sweet potatoes and yams??? At my grocery store the sweet potatoes (the ones that are labeled sweet potatoes) are not orange but creamy white. The yams are the orange ones. Whatever, I don't mind, I really like eating them!
Is there a nutritional difference between a yam and a sweet potato? I buy what says "sweet potato" in our grocery store and it's not orange but sort of yellow when cooked. Anyway, I used to cut them like fries and put a little olive oil and pepper on them and bake them. More recently I put one in the microwave and eat it on a bed of spinach with a mixture of cottage cheese and salsa on top. So good.
Looks like overall, the sweet potato wins the smack down against the yam:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1464598/yam_vs_sweet_potato_nutrition_health.html?cat=22
However, yams aren't useless to us nutritionally. They do have some redeeming qualities, like some good omega-3s.
I've been reading about the difference between sweet potatoes and yams all day. It still isn't very clear. But I've found over and over:
Yams in the U.S. are actually sweet potatoes with relatively moist texture and orange flesh. Although the terms are generally used interchangeably, the U.S. Department of Agriculture requires that the label "yam" always be accompanied by "sweet potato."
And to confuse you further, here's a link:
http://homecooking.about.com/od/howtocookvegetables/a/sweetpotatodiff.htm
They can also be eaten raw, like a carrot. :)
P.S. As a southern girl, sweet potatoes are the orange ones.
Love, love, love Sweet Potatoes and they love me right back. We have a very serious and long relationship going on between the two of us....no one can get between me and my Sweet Potato.
Great post!
Here in Australia we believe that what you call yams we call sweet potatoes!
Crazy delicious whatever their called!
Mandi, did you try my sweet potato and black bean enchiladas? They are a fav of mine!
http://www.justamomha.com/pantry-gourmet/2009/09/sweet-potato-black-bean-enchiladas/
Kim, That one is on the list! I've had it printed out for months. I've got to get on the ball and try it!
ok i know i sound dumb but isnt this technically a yam and arent real sweet potatoes white? ive been really confused when I read recipes and when I go to the grocery stores.
Post a Comment