My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Went to the Store and What Did I See?

Boxes of CHOCOLATE CEREAL lookin' at me:


I have much affection for chocolate and cereal.  
But for breakfast?  
For the kids?  
To start the day?  
I had no idea Chex and Honey Bunches of Oats jumped on board, too!
I could not walk by without snapping some pics.  
I'll stick with my oatmeal, thank you (however, now that I think about it, a few chocolate chips in there may be pretty tasty....  Hhhmmm :).

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

11 comments:

Steph said...

It's so true! Every meal is starting to look like dessert! Oatmeal has been my breakfast of choice for about 8 years, and I love it! I can even get my kids to eat it!

Oh, by the way...I NEVER take them shopping with me! They see all this stuff and HAVE to have it, and feel picked on when we don't get it. Out of sight, etc...

Kate said...

I know! Isn't it ridiculous?? The more I read and learn about America's food, the more I'm disgusted with it. I'll admit, some of it tastes good but I just can't bring myself to actually buy it.

And on that note, I'm headed to the local produce stand to stock up!

p.s. Oatmeal with fresh raspberries and a few chocolate chips?? Yum.

I am LoW said...

Did you miss the Chocolate Shredded Wheat? (yum!)

Anonymous said...

UGH! Funny story...a kid in my daughter's class at school brought a container of chocolate cereal for snack a couple weeks ago, and my daughter took it upon herself to indoctrinate him that he was eating nothing but sugar for his snack, and he should bring something healthier next time.

Apparently the other child took great umbrage at this (imagine that!) and asked the teacher to settle the score. The teacher told him that, indeed, his snack was pretty much all sugar, and my daughter came home with her nose in the air about her *extensive* knowledge of health and nutrition.

We had a little chat later about tact. ha!

Trainer Momma said...

Natalie - That is hysterical. Just like my daughter swung the door open to McDonald's on a rainy day (we were there for the indoor playground) and firmly told the cashier, "Well, there is NOTHING we can eat here. It is all junk food." Nice.

Anonymous said...

Mandi, when my kids were really little, like 18 mos and 2, I went with friends to McDonald's to play on a rainy day. They all got their kids nuggets and whatnot, and my kids started whining for some as well. I caved, and got them some nuggets to share (I had never bought them fast food before and haven't since); they each took one bite, made a sour face and spit it out on the floor!!

Yeah, baby! When your favorite baby foods include tofu, artichoke hearts and green beans, pressed chicken mystery bits just don't make the cut!

Christina said...

chocolate AND gluten free--um okay

Mrs. Godfrey said...

I keep seeing ads that Cheerios is going chocolate as well, but it hasn't made it to our store yet.

Can you imagine? Chocolate Cheerios? Part of me wants to jump with glee--chocolate! Cheerios!

But the other part of me thinks...umm...Isn't the whole point of eating Cheerios to be healthy?

Crazy world.

Amy said...

I'm SOOOO glad my girls are big fans of Grape Nuts!! Wahoo!

Kim said...

Yep-I saw the Chocolate Cheerios all the way here in Maine!

I am LoW said...

I add cocoa powder to my morning protien shake.

Just sayin. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails