My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Eat With Me: 4/12/10

Calorie budget:
1,482 + 424 workout calories = 1,906 total

Let's eat!
5:15 AM
Pre-workout scarfdown:

1 slice of whole wheat bread

120 calories


8:00 AM
Breakfast:

Open Faced Egg Sandwich with Asparagus

355 calories  

Whoa.  This will be repeated.


10:45 AM
Mid-morning snack:

8 strawberries, halved
1/2 cup low-fat, reduced sugar vanilla yogurt
2 Tb almonds
drizzle of sugar-free Hershey's chocolate syrup

164 calories

Yes I did.


1:00 PM
Spinach Barley Salad

330 calories

I have been wanted to try this salad for some time, but still can't make my mind up about it.  I'm glad I took the time to make a ton of barley, since I was able to use it later.  I like idea of using barley in a salad, but needed more punch. 

I'm getting too philosophical about a salad.  
But, hey, salads are what my world revolves around, so it is completely justified.


4:00 PM
Mid-afternoon snack:

1 banana
1 Tb all natural PB

226 calories


6:00 PM

Dinner:

2 cups broccoli, steamed
1 small baked red potato
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese

318 calories

The salty taste from the cottage cheese just makes this sublime.  I think I could eat this daily.  Wait, I pretty much did eat this daily last week.  Until the cottage cheese was gone (Johnny Scott was heartbroken).


9:00 PM

"Filling out more paperwork for the Doc" snack:

1 small orange (the orange I should have had with dinner but didn't have time)
1 1/2 cups Cheerios
1/2 cup skim milk

262 calories

What a WONDERFUL meatless day of eating!  I didn't plan that at all, but sometimes, I just can't take another bite of the carne.  I'm no vegetarian, just need a break sometimes.  Aaaahhh...

Under by 132 calories.

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

10 comments:

Magic Brush said...

Yes, yes, yes to your break from meat!!!!!!!! I try to eat meatless as much as possible!!!!!!!

So I DID MY HALF MARATHON!!!!!!!!!! Come check out my post!

Christina said...

i dont eat much meat either..sundays usually...maybe once/twice during the week?

k LOVE THE CHOCOLATE SYRUP ON THE yogurt---grub.

sometimes i like to put syrup on EACH bite of my banana...mmmm hmmm!

Magic Brush said...

Thank you for your sweet comment!!!! I am considering what I will do next. I am not a strong swimmer; rather a strong sinker.... so a tri would be a stretch. I have info on a duatholon... a 5K, 30 mile bike and another 5K that looks intriguing.

I have to think about it. The emotional journey of doing the half marathon was very painful. It was lonely and turned out great.... but I am still mentally trying to make sense of it all. Does that make sense?

Chiemi said...

Okay everything that you ate today looks SO good and what's amazing is that you were under calories. So awesome.

I am LoW said...

I once waited tables at a steak house and we servers played with food A LOT out of boredom and we discovered cottage cheese on potatoes then. YUM!!

Breakfast looks delish. I must try!

schnebly said...

Hi - I really enjoy your eat with me posts. I'm wondering how far in advance you do your meal planning and how you do that. . any info you could share would be helpful!
Thanks!
Kathy

Alicia said...

I love cottage cheese with my potato!

I am LoW said...

Trainer Momma- What do you eat on days you don't work out? Do you just skip the pre-workout snack?

RunToTheFinish said...

Love these posts they always give me new ideas. I stopped eating meat most of the time awhile back and really haven't missed it at all.

Oh and wanted to make sure you know about a fun give away to win some workout gear! http://runtothefinish.blogspot.com/2010/04/3-changes-challenge-prizes.html

Trainer Momma said...

On days I don't work out I do skip the pre-workout snack. And then, I've got to cut down everywhere else too. I really should do an EWM on a Sunday, which is the only day I don't work out. Ironically, that is the one day I do allow myself to have a treat -- so I'm sure I'm over calories that day. Which is why I'm always losing that same 3 lbs... Ah well, someday I'll either learn or stop caring :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails