Following Mr. Brian today. This was the day before grocery shopping day, so I was a bit nervous to see if we could keep this kid fed who has a bottomless pit for a stomach.
All is well. He's alive.
7:00 AM
Breakfast:
1 whole wheat English muffin, toasted
All-natural PB
All fruit spread
1 low fat yogurt, the "green" kind only for this kid
1 apple (that I sliced up and made him take it to school in his pocket)
Lunch:
Turkey Roll Up:
1 Kidz Flatout bread
1 slice of deli turkey
1 string cheese
1 box of raisins
1 applesauce
1 Easter egg
1% milk at school
(he collects milk bottle tops -- which I find dozen in the washer every laundry day)
4:00 PM
After school snack:
1 chocolate protein shake
5:30 PM
Dinner:
1 cup Vegetable Soup (recipe here)
1 pear, sliced
1 Fiber Bar (recipe here)
The soup is not his favorite (it is mine!), but he choked it down.
After baseball practice:
2 bowls of Raisin Bran
There's the bottomless pit I love :) With a frog to boot.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!






4 comments:
You make it look so easy! I need to do better!!!!
You are such a good mommy :)
Question.. do your kids eat school/cafeteria food? Do they ever come home and ask for chicken nugets or tater tots (Sp?).. As you know we don't have kids.. but I always wonder how hard it would be to tell your kid the food at school is not really healthy.
No way do my kids eat school lunches. They never have. Those lunches are averaging 700+ per meal, with a bucket load of saturated fats, high sugar content, etc. Not that what I'm giving them is the picture of ideal -- but I just like being in control of that. They tell me what they like in there, anyway-- so a lot of what you see are their choices.
It isn't hard to do, you just tell them that's how you do it in your family. The only hard part is when it is 10 PM at night and you still have 3 lunches to make. Ugh.
Mandy I might have found a new salad for you! (Might because I don't know how healthy it is...) I don't know if you read "The Mother Huddle", but she made a salad that looks delicious! Find it here.
Post a Comment