Trainer Momma
is giving away
TWO
TJ Maxx $50 Gift Cards
We are women. Let's face it, we need each other. Frankly, there's something instantly bonding when I know I'm talking with someone who has had a baby in their body and then come out of their body, had milk running down the front of their shirt while speaking to a crowd, peed their pants while jogging, had to strap on three bras just to exercise, not worn shorts for months because they didn't have time to shave their legs, and been so ravaged by chocolate cravings that they too have downed nearly an entire bag of chocolate chips in solitude. WE GET IT. We can be each other's best cheerleaders. Our husbands, bless them, are doing the best that they know how to encourage us, but occasionally talking with a girlfriend just fits the bill.
This is why Trainer Momma was born. I just love to -- no I NEED to talk, write, and do health stuff. I love the community it builds among readers who have similar interests, questions, and experiences.
One insightful reader I met through Trainer Momma started a private, online accountability group called "Full Well". I stalked her, asked if I could join in, and have had the privilege of learning from these women. We are all at different places, ages, and stages of motherhood -- but all with the same goal: to live full, healthy lives.
We write about our successes, challenges, frustrations, and triumphs. We share recipes, funny things, and some personal things with each other. An amazing thing has happened to this group of strangers that live all over the country: we've become dear friends. It is a safe, beautiful place and I'm so glad to be a part of it.
When I was in Houston for Mom2.0Summit -- I contacted some of these lovely ladies from Full Well and asked if they wanted to meet IRL (that means in real life. I didn't know that until recently). Amazingly, many of them agreed and we all met in Houston on a Saturday night at Saltgrass Steakhouse for dinner.

It was the highlight of my weekend! To meet these beautiful women and to instantly start laughing my head off was nothing short of marvelous. We stayed for several hours, got to know one another and now when we post we have a face, a laugh, a story behind their profile picture.
So, whether you are a part of these "accountabilty groups" online or IRL (there it is again! :), or if you have a close sister or girlfriend, or mother to turn to -- let's help each other. Let's build. Let's encourage. Let's jump for joy for even the smallest of triumphs.
We are women. WE GET IT.

6 comments:
TOTALLY GET IT!!!!! i couldnt agree more---
that's why i coordinate a end of the month GNO night out to dinner IRL-there are up 25 of us girls that go every month--it's too much fun.
It was so much fun! I wouldn't know what to do without my girlfriends!
Thank you for this post.. the first part is so so true about all of us Moms out there...
I have definitely been there...
You are so blessed to have such a great support network online or IRL :) I hope too that I will find this same sort of group for myself... I am looking and dreaming, so hoping that I will someday!
Amen! It was a privilege meeting you IRL :) I love your blog and I love that the person behind it is the real deal.
Our next gathering is going to be on a cruise ship or up with Erin in Zion's National Park.
cracked up at your opening paragraph Mandi! Love it! Totally inspired. Yea for girl power!
Post a Comment