My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Print It, Use It! Lower Body Workout

Is it April yet? Whew! I promised this Lower Body Workout for the end of March, and shoot! I pulled it off :)

The trick/frustration is that I can't be there to demonstrate everything or explain my lingo. As you know, I am a stickler for form -- thus the tutorials that I post (see here). My clients can attest that some of the most effective moves I give are a little -- um -- unconventional (sometimes a bit embarrassing... I have no shame). Yes, you will look ridiculous doing many of these things. Put your vanity on the shelf for a while, because we are going for results.

Do this once a week, and supplement twice more with your own lifting routines or the other two Print It, Use It workouts I've provided.    And don't forget your daily cardio (of course!). Do this for 4-6 weeks, then its time to put it away, save it, and start something new.

**Important note: The weights listed on the workout are just a suggested starting point (or maybe something to work up to). This is the average of where most of my female clients lie -- but definitely NOT the ceiling.

Also, this program is designed for a gym setting. For those of you Fit Mommas pumping iron at home, don't be afraid to modify as necessary. I'll try to cater to both groups as time goes on.

Instructions:
Print the document by clicking on "Print" in the upper bar.
To see a visual example on most (not all) of the exercises, click on the name of the move and it will link you to Trainer Momma demos.
Keep them in a notebook.... There are more to come!
Track your progress.
Shelf them for a while, come back to them.

Please, just shoot your questions and needs for clarifications my way.

TM Lower Body Workout

BTW -- I got a bit carried away with the iMovie on this new Mac.  I am officially in love.

8 comments:

Christina said...

LOVE IT--only i cant see any of the videos?!

i wanted to tell u that JUST from the upper body, full body and ALLL the step ups, squat kicks etc that i have been doing (i created my own lower body workout like u said just using the four basic groups)i NOW HAVE DEFINITION in my legs!! i LOVE IT!!!

I up'd my interval cardio to 6 days a week like u said--HUGE difference too--i think the chub is FINALLY coming off so the muscles are SHINING thru--THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

On My Fitness Journey said...

Thanks so much for this. I workout at home and modify so it is possible. I wasn't able to see your videos though.

Trainer Momma said...

Are you having to sign into youtube in order to view the videos? You can either sign up for youtube or use a google account. Both are free.

Hhhmmm. This is new. I will have to keep problem solving.

Amy said...

This is awesome, thanks for posting! But, I can't see the video's either, and I have a youtube account. When I click the links it says the videos are private.

Again, thank you though! I love these posts!

fitncrafty said...

I have an account, but it says your videos are private. Weird..

I am pretty sure I know the moves and will try this workout next week. I am sore from the gym today...

thanks for the great workout tips and I do hope that I will be able to view your videos soon!

Trainer Momma said...

Videos are all public now. Sorry about the glitch. I'm still figuring out the ins and outs of this Mac, iMovie, etc.

Let me know if you still are having problems!

fitncrafty said...

Perfect it's working now! Thank you so much!

Audrey Carlson said...

I'm in serious fitness heaven. I majored in dance, ended up in the finance world...left and had two kids and have struggled physically and emotionally ever since to get my life back in check and get healthy and fit again. I've enlisted some other friends to be part of my support group and I think I've just found some keys to success to push me where I need to go. Thanks for doing all this hard work and sharing it with cyberspace world.

Related Posts with Thumbnails