My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Eat With the Kids: 3/31/10

Following my newly minted three-year-old today.






7:30 AM
Breakfast:

1 fruit cup, light
cottage cheese
4 strawberries

He made sure in no uncertain terms that he had both available for breakfast.



So, the strawberries went to the gym with him since he was stuffed from the cottage cheese and fruit.



11:00 AM
Mid-morning snack:

Luna Bar

Mom, can I have one of your Luna Bars, that I just risked breaking my neck by standing on this rocking horse for?  Wait, let me just get a pair of scissors, too.



12:30 PM

Lunch:

3 Turkey meatballs
grapes
1 cup of skim milk



4:00 PM
Mid-afternoon snack:

1 apple cinnamon rice cake




6:00 PM

Yes, that is a frozen pizza from Costco.  I have them for emergency purposes, and this evening definitely fell in the emergency category.   

P3240040

It was Johnny Scott's 3rd birthday and  I was making homemade pizza with a whole wheat dough, when my Bosch FELL OFF THE COUNTER and my Bosch mixing bowl cracked (along with my heart and my sanity).  Needless to say, with my stress levels blowing to new levels, the frozen pizza got unfrozen pretty fast.



The great part of the wild evening was this little guy's 3rd birthday party!  All he wanted as a blue cake, and doggone it!  He got it!  :)  

Did I tell you, or did I tell you that my only hobby is really only fitness and nutrition?!?  Cake decorating should definitely be left to the pros -- or in my case, the kids.

8 comments:

Vennesa said...

What a cutie! And sorry about your Bosch. Those things are Pricey!!

Anonymous said...

You can replace the bowl, no problem. My mom has done it many times since her Bosch is pushing 20 years!

Marie said...

My heart goes out to you and your Bosch! Luckily you can replace just the bowl (if that's all you need). I bought my mom a new bowl a couple years ago for about $20.

Keli said...

I'm dying to know what's underneath all that awesome blue frosting?!

Crystal Star said...

You get some points for that beautiful color of blue! My kids would love that! But the decorating was good for a laugh tonight. I needed an unexpected laugh. (no laughing for the bowl breakage).

Trainer Momma said...

I did replace the bowl -- only around $40. Phew.

And to get that crazy color for the frosting we use the gel food coloring. Wow, that stuff is vibrant (and makes the cake very unappetizing for me incidentally).

Underneath that blue frosting is one layer of yellow cake and one layer of green cake. All per Johnny Scott's instructions. :)

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

yay, happy birthday JS!!

*and so relieved you got a new bowl for your bosch.

emily said...

My heart stopped when I read about your bowl. I am so glad you were able to just replace the bowl and not the whole thing. Bosch-away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails