My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Vegetarian Enchiladas

I passed on my family's favorite recipe of Ground Turkey and Bean Enchiladas a few weeks ago. Some days, however, I just can't eat one. more. bite. of. meat. I like to throw together the enchiladas sans the ground turkey. My kids actually prefer these since they are not so spicy. The Doc, however, misses his carne.





Vegetarian Enchiladas
by http://www.trainermomma.com/

whole wheat tortillas
2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 of a sweet potato, shredded
1 cup monterey jack cheese
1 can medium or hot red enchilada sauce

I take the shredded sweet potato, put it in a microwavable container and add a few inches of water. I place the lid on top, then microwave it for about 4 minutes to soften the sweet potatoes.

Then I start the assembly line: tortilla, 1/4-1/3 cup of black beans, some sweet potato, then a tablespoon of cheese. Roll it up, then place it in the casserole dish. I repeat this for all the tortillas, usually around 8 or 9 total.

I pour the enchilada sauce over everything, then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. When it is out I sprinkle monterey jack cheese over everything.

I like to do this recipe and change out the veggie for whatever I happen to have at the time. I've used chopped spinach, grated zuchinni and yellow squash when making these totally yummy enchiladas.

252 calories each

5 comments:

Chiemi said...

Sounds great!

kmberrien said...

Yum! That sounds great! I'll have to try that soon.

Alicia said...

That does sound good! I did make the enchilada recipe you posted a while ago. We loved it! I'll have to try this one too.

Ann Hatch said...

Thanks for posting this. I am not a big carnivore, so it helps to have recipe ideas with protein but no meat. Gracias.

Krista said...

YUMM!!
thanks for the recipe!
i love vegetarians! =)
thanks for all the inspiration!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails