| From January 2010 |
Ground Turkey and Bean Enchiladas
1 lb lean ground turkey (I cook up all the turkey, but only use about 3/4 of it. I use the rest for a salad the next day)
1 can fat free refried beans
1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
2 cups of cheddar cheese (I don't use all of this, but just have 2 cups to be safe)
1 14 oz can red enchilada sauce
10-12 whole wheat tortillas
Brown ground turkey. Add taco seasoning and prepare per directions on package.
Put one scoop of refried beans on a tortilla, followed by a scoop of taco meat, topped with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese. Roll it up, place side by side in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce all over, trying to get it in between the tortillas.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Sprinkle with cheese and put in the oven to melt for a minute or two.
Serve with corn, zuchinni, lettuce, tomato -- whatever.
252 calories per enchilada
(My thanks to the Doc for figuring that one out!)

6 comments:
those sound yummy. I will have to give them a try.
random question. What size of tortillas did you use, or what calorie count was each tortilla? I have made it once, and am making it again tonight (by the way, my husband LOVED these), and I am using locarb tortills that are only 70 calories a pop. I imagine that the tortillas you used are bigger, they look it. I just want to see what the calorie difference is so I can be more accurate. Sorry for always asking questions like these! Thanks for all the yummy recipes. I have tried a lot!
My tortillas are 100% whole wheat and are 110 calories each. What size? Of course I have not a one in my house right now -- but I'm thinking around 7 or 8 inches in diameter. So, yours would be much less calories than mine. No problem on the questions, Alisa! I'm the same way :)
Made these for dinner last night and everyone loved them. They were a fun change from our usual chicken enchiladas. Thanks for sharing recipes!
Made these last night for the family... everybody loved them. Woohoo! I'm delighted to have another healthy hit in my repertoire. Thanks!
Hiya Mandi,
It seems like I've printed a few of your recipes, and there was a "printable version" button? Or maybe I'm getting it confused with another site? Either way, it'd be a nice link to have so all the comments and extras aren't printed. For now I just highlight the recipe and then use Firefox's option to "print selection" to make sure I only get what I need. Just an idea. Excited to try these for dinner tonight. Yum!
Post a Comment