5:30 AM
Pre-workout scarf down:
1 medium banana
90 calories
8:10 AM
Fastest breakfast this side of the Mississippi:
1 slice of whole wheat bread
1 Tb of almond butter (I cannot get enough of this stuff)
1/2 of an apple
1 cup of skim milk
352 calories
Yes, that is my SON wearing pink PJ's. Thanks for the garage sale find, Grandma!
11:00 AM
Mid-morning snack:
1 Detour Bar
1 Clementine orange
205 calories

1:00 PM
Lunch:
1 cup Amy's Tomato Bisque Low Sodium Soup (THIS IS GOOD STUFF)
1 Cucumber Sandwich (recipe here)
300 calories
4:00 PM
Mid-afternoon snack:
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 Tb chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1 Tb agave nectar
240 calories
![]() |
| From Collages |
7:30 PM
Date Night at Nordstrom's Cafe Bistro:
Asian Glazed Chicken Salad
I took one step into Nordstrom and I stopped in my tracks and took a deep breath in. The bright lights, high ceilings, soothing music, the gorgeous clothes that are totally in style and I had no idea. Man, it has been a looooooong time since I was in this store. Then, I flipped over a price tag. THAT'S why I have not been here. I put on my blinders and headed straight upstairs to the Cafe.
So, just for fun I printed out the calorie count for all the food at Cafe Bistro (yes, this is what I do for fun). This was a great salad once I took off the wontons (of course I could have used some more veggies). We debated on dessert, but after seeing the whopping amount of calories in one slice of chocolate cake (1,200+), we decided to pass.
460 calories
P.S. - The hat pic is for you, Fit Momma Kim! :) Do some snowshoeing in Maine for me...
10 :00 PM
"I stay up too late" snack and I'm hungry again:
1 1/4 cup Shredded Oats cereal
1/2 cup skim milk
265 calories
I was under by 45 calories. Good night!
For more Eat With Me Posts click here.
To see how I calculate my calories click here.


5 comments:
I love the pink pjs!! It reminded me of my ten year old son wearing a bright purple ski coat to play in the snow in last week. You can't be choosy when you have four older sisters! :)
as always, I love these posts. Couple questions: how do you calculate how many calories you burn in a workout?
I notice you always eat before you work out-- I just can't make myself do that at 5:30 a.m., but I have read that it's important. What are your thoughts on that?
Thanks for creating this blog. I adore it (and you!).
I figured out my caloric intake of 1,615 if I am excercising....to lose weight of 1 pound per week. On days I don't exercise should I eat less than this amount of calories? Thanks for all of the information you share on here!
I have always kept the same amount of calorie intake if I work out or not. But I noticed, that if your budget is 1500 and you burn 400 working out-- you give yourself 1900 total calories for the day. Why is this important? Is that kinda defeating the purpose of working out when you just eat more calories?
thanks! I just recently found your blog through a friend's blog and I love it. Keep up the great work! You've motivated me. I went out and bought a lot of the foods you eat. ha! And i'm excercising every morning!
Thanks for the almond butter recommendation. My husband got some last night and we are DYING over it. It was quite expensive at our local grocery store...but what a healthy treat!
Post a Comment