My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Whole Wheat PB Chocolate Chip Cookies

For some reason, Sundays bring out the inner baker in us. The kids and I just look at each other and ask, "So, what are we making?" Of course, I am always trying to steer them in a healthier direction. That said, however, if someone is dying for "Chubby Cookies" (our affectionate name for normal Chocolate Chip Cookies), but all means we'll make them. Hey, it's Sunday.

I convinced them to let me tinker with one of their favorite recipes, and it was a winner. I got this one from one of the healthiest mom's I know, Lexi. Her daughter is one of the funniest, smartest gals born within the past 3 years. They should already be clearing room on their shelves for the Noble Peace Prize. The girl steals my heart every time she walks in my front door.


Whole Wheat PB Cookies

adapted from Lexi Martin's recipe

1 cup all-natural applesauce
1/4 cup all-natural cream peanut butter
1 cup honey
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (to start)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients well.

**Next, add enough whole wheat flour for a stiff dough. I ended up adding about 1 to 2 cups of extra flour. Total -- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups of flour.

Drop by teaspoon on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.

Yum. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

See Trainer Momma Disclaimer here. Yes, this one would definitely qualify for the disclaimer, I'm afraid.

7 comments:

Chiemi said...

Oooo those looks so good!

Pam said...

Yum. I love using ww flour in my cookie recipes.

RN Mama said...

I had a gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookie yesterday at work...I wonder if this is similar?

heather said...

I don't know how I found your blog but I am so glad I did! I love it! You are so inspiring. Thanks for the motivation to be healthier!

Shawna said...

My daughter has a peanut and egg allergy so this one is out for us but it sounds yummy!

Tara said...

Mmmm, those look yummy. We're def going to try out this recipe. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

These look divine! I am making these next Sunday. Neil made brownies yesterday, but I didn't have enough calories left to eat any- so sad!

Related Posts with Thumbnails