My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Feeding the Obsession

I've known for years fitness has been a great love/obsession/hobby of mine. Since I've become a personal trainer, I quickly realized that nutrition contributes to about 80% of people's results. In fact, I was giving so much nutritional advice, I started searching for some more info, and came upon yet another certification:

Certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant

From Collages

I am taking a course through AFPA to be a Certified Nutrition and Wellness consultant. What does that mean? Basically it means:

I wish more than anything I had the time/money to go back to school and get a second bachelors as a Registered Dietitian, but with three kids under my roof, a husband in residency, a dog that inexplicably escapes several times a day, a part-time personal training job, a blog I love, church responsibilities, meals to be cooked, food to be bought, and a laundry pile that never seems to ease -- this certification is the best I can do right now.

Can I just say that I really like studying? When I finished my Master's degree two weeks before my first was born I literally thought, "And I'm DONE. Hallelujah! No. More. School."

After I decided to become a personal trainer and studied every day for that darn test for several months -- I was surprised how good it felt to use that muscle in my head -- What's it called? Oh yeah, my brain. I had wiped noses, changed diapers, nursed babies, done sleep training, run carpools for so long and I really felt my brain turn a bit like the oatmeal that I was spoon feeding to my babies. Just the simple act of studying for a test was invigorating and challenging. And I liked it. I still do. That's why I love this field of heath and fitness-- I can find new areas of interest, study, and progress. And I can integrate it into my REAL job and the one I'm the most proud of: MOM.

I am really looking forward to this next journey, and I plan passing on the good stuff to you...

Time to crack open the books!


6 comments:

Chiemi said...

Awesome! Go you!

Crystal Star said...

I think this is genetic. Nothing fills me like learning!

RN Mama said...

Good for you! You are definitely the type of trainer I would like to have!

Amy said...

Good.For.YOU!! You are awesome girl!

Alisa J said...

I was thinking of doing somethign similar after I am done with my bachelors. Where are you doing it from?

Trainer Momma said...

I'm getting it through American Fitness and Professionals -- here's their website:

http://www.afpafitness.com/

I wanted to find one that was science based... There are others that are more holistic based, but that's not my style.

Related Posts with Thumbnails