My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Eat With Me: 1/28/10

Calorie budget for the day was 1,485 + 386 (from the workout) = 1,871 total calories.

Let's eat!

5:45 AM
Pre-Workout Scarfdown:

1 slice of whole wheat bread

120 calories



8:30 AM
Breakfast:

Power Oatmeal with strawberries
(see recipe here)

307 calories



11:00 AM
Mid-morning snack:

1 Pure Protein Bar
6 candy hearts (my first of the season!)

224 calories



1:00 PM
Lunch:

A high calorie salad that didn't taste that great:

1 1/2 cups of spinach
1 1/2 cups of romaine lettuce
1/2 apple
1/3 cup red peppers
4 oz chicken breast
1/4 of an avacado
1/2 oz goat cheese
1 Tb chopped pecans
1 Tb craisins
2 Tb honey poppy seed dressing

613 calories
Ugh. I don't know why but I had to suffer through this one. That rarely happens with me and salads. Plus, 613 calories! What a rip!



4:00 PM
Mid-afternoon snack:

1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
1/2 cup blueberries
1/8 cup walnuts
1 Tb agave nectar

232 calories



6:00 PM
Dinner:

Everyone else had turkey burgers. This was my version:

1 turkey burger w/ some tomato, red onion, mustard and a little ketsup
1 1/2 cups steamed green beans

267 calories

I cannot remember the last time I ate a hamburger bun. Too many empty calories for me, even the 100% whole wheat ones. I'd much rather eat my burger with a knife and fork :)



Before bed snack:

1 cup of skim milk
1/2 banana

143 calories


Well, dang! I lost the game today -- I was over by 10 calories. No biggie... It was that stinkin' salad I choked down at lunch. Gag.


For more Eat With Me Posts click here.

To see how I calculate my calories click here.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Your salads always look so luxurious, Mandi! Except for today, they always look like they taste great, too! I seem to never have enough of the good stuff around to make a good salad. What are some ingredients you always make sure to have in your fridge and cupboard to make sure you can have a good salad?

Anonymous said...

Agave Nectar - perhaps not so great: http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/health/agave-nectar-healthful-or-harmful-106593

hannaH (that's Hannah backwards) said...

can I ask, all i hear about is how you need to have your stomach empty 3 hours before you go to sleep - yet you always have your before-bed/evening snack. what are your thoughts on the whole subject?

Related Posts with Thumbnails