Being pregnant, is it reasonable to want to "lose weight" now? If so, what is a safe calorie level to shoot for during these last few weeks of pregnancy?
Awesome question! I've had several moms email me recently about this. What was in the water a few months ago? Everyone I know is pregnant! Yippee!
While pregnant, it is not a good idea to shoot for losing weight. I wouldn't be counting calories at this point, but IF you did the range is wide the range is wide -- around 1900-2500 calories a day.
BUT, it is never a bad time to try, TRY! to make better food choices. Nothing new here:
tons of veggies
fruits
whole grains
lean protein
lots of water
cut out (cut back on) refined sugars, refined flours, and entire bags of Hershey's Chocolate Kisses (yes, I did down an entire bag with Baby #2)
fruits
whole grains
lean protein
lots of water
cut out (cut back on) refined sugars, refined flours, and entire bags of Hershey's Chocolate Kisses (yes, I did down an entire bag with Baby #2)
Check out this site: Momma's Health
Thanks for the email and questions... Bring 'em on!



1 comments:
So here's my little shout out to Fit Momma...She has been helping me as my food coach these last few months of pregnancy. I started my pregnancy about 100 lbs overweight and really didn't want/need to gain more. With Mandi's encouragement and tips I only gained 4 lbs. I had my baby 3 weeks ago and feel really great to be 20 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. This low weight gain isn't for everyone but with a little determination, a great coach, and lots of blueberries it can be done. Thanks Mandi
Post a Comment