My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Caprese Skewers

Last night was the one of the best holiday parties of the season for me: Book Club. Every December we roll out amazing food for each other and exchange some seriously exciting books. I've been homebound for 3 days now with a sick Johnny Scott, so the chance of me creating an edible masterpiece was slim.

So, what to do? Hit the blogosphere of course!

I immediately found what I was looking for on my favorite food blog, "For the Love of Cooking" by Pam. Oh my, she posts new recipes with mouth watering photos nearly every day and all of them are right up my alley. Very simple, real ingredients, and most of them healthy and light. Ah, and the flavors!

This one was called "Caprese Skewers". A simple and painless appetizer, plus it is healthy enough to take down any of those other fat filled chips and dips.





Caprese Skewers

by For the Love of Cooking

Mozzarella balls
cherry or grape tomatoes
fresh basil leaves
olive oil
sea salt and pepper, to taste

Just place the tomato, followed by a folded basil leaf, then finish it off with a mozzarella ball. Arrange it like Martha would on a platter.

Drizzle with olive oil and season with your sea salt and pepper (freshly cracked if you have it). Gorgeous.

Enjoy and thanks, Pam! You've never let me down!

Click here for a printable version of this recipe.

BTW -- Wanna know some of our book club picks for 2010? I am so excited by the variety this year, I must share:

1. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
2. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
4. Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier
5. Founding Mothers: The Women Who Raised Our Nation by Cokie Roberts
6. Rachel and Leah by Orson Scott Card
7. Thirteenth Tale by Dianne Setterfield
8. Thunderstruck by Erik Larsen
9. The Lacuna: A Novel by Barbara Kingsolver
10. One of C.S. Lewis' books -- I can't remember which one!

I know I'm missing at least one. Nevertheless, yummy reading for another year... Thanks Book Club sisters! :)


4 comments:

Vennesa said...

I love book club! My book club has read 4 of the books you listed. Right now we're reading "When Crickets Cry", which so far is pretty good. Just finished "Guernsey/Potato Peel" in October. Hope you like it! I'd be interested to see of list of books your club has read so far. I'm always looking for something good to read.

Paige said...

If you're into reading, you really need to read "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. It is AMAZING.

Pam said...

I am so glad you liked the skewers - we loved them too. Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog - it made my day.

Amber said...

I LOVE caprese but have never seen them on skewers. FANTASTIC idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails