My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Fit Momma Speaks: Fitness Goals Part 3

Here's more fitness goals from another Fit Momma:


I had no trouble finding my inspiring picture. It's in my mind all the time. It's a picture of my Mom and I when we completed our first 1/2 marathon two years ago. During that time, we ran all the time together. What an amazing experience to have with your mom. Not only did we run for exercise, but we were able to really get to know each other. Something I've never shared with my Mom. After the half marathon, I got pregnant, developed post partom depression, and put on the pounds. I am done feeling depressed all the time. I am not willing to take medication to solve the problem. (I'm not saying it's not an option for others). So, here's my own medication for feeling better:

1. Choosing healthy foods to uplift and give me energy.
2. Getting up one hour early at least five days a week to exercise
3. Concentrate on getting more sleep

I've been going strong five weeks now, and I've lost 18 pounds. I still have 60 more pounds to go (and yes, that is a reasonable amount for me to loose). I plan on being done loosing the weight by June. I WILL be running races again with my mom by the spring. I have realized I am wasting valuable mother/daughter time. Baby steps everyday, I will get there.

This is just beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

4 comments:

Alisa J said...

You are doing great!!!! Eighteen pounds! Thats great! Thanks for your inspiration!

Ann Hatch said...

What a beautiful inspiration, thank you so much for sharing! I can really relate to this- I think many moms can, especially during our childbearing years. Thanks again for being so candid! You go, girl!

Jen Howick said...

Wow, this was a surprising post, as this girl is one of my friends, yet, I didn't expect that when I was reading through the latest posts on here. You go girl, I'm inspired by you also!

kto1s said...

Love her, and am cheering her on!

Related Posts with Thumbnails