Leftover crusts from your little guy's PB and J.
Half a cup of applesauce.
A handful of fishy crackers.
Maybe some grapes if your precious one didn't claim them first.
A half of a glass of milk from a princess cup.
Half a cup of applesauce.
A handful of fishy crackers.
Maybe some grapes if your precious one didn't claim them first.
A half of a glass of milk from a princess cup.
WHAT?!?
I'll just say it:
You are better than that.
I'll just say it:
You are better than that.
You are better than your kids' leftovers. Long ago I made a solemn vow to NEVER eat my kids' leftover food or eat off their plate. I know we are all pinching pennies these days, but you have earned your right to have your own plate with real food on it, darn it. If you won't stand up for yourself, I WILL!
But what about time? You are right, you are short on time and the hunger pangs are relentless around lunchtime. A trick I use is to make something I love, a lot of it, then indulge for the entire week.
I picked out a winner this week. My mom just gave me a copy of her church's new cookbook (translation: GOLDMINE). I have been eating this salsa with salmon, egg whites, chicken, tuna wraps, and or just by itself nearly every day (nope, no chips... I needed to couple it with protein to make a meal out of it).
| From October 2009 |
Chunky Black Bean and Corn Salsa
from LeAnn Hunt (from the Gilbert 9th Ward RS Cookbook)1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained
1 green pepper (or any other color)
1/2 bunch cilantro (I didn't have that, so I liberally sprinkled dried cilantro)
4-5 Roma tomatoes
1/4 red onion, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1 avacado
1 cup salsa from a jar
I have been one happy camper when lunch (and breakfast and dinner!) rolled around this week. I've been eating it by the bucket load!

3 comments:
YUM! I'll give it a try. If you really are craving some chips, a quick fix is a wheat tortilla toasted and cut into triangles. My kids even eat it.
YUM! I'll give it a try. If you really are craving some chips, a quick fix is a wheat tortilla toasted and cut into triangles. My kids even eat it.
I made this tonight -YUM YUM YUM!
Post a Comment