OK, OK, it's really Zucchini Bread, but since my two year old can't say that looooong word, we just shorten it to Bikini Bread! It cracks me up every time I hear my kids say it. Plus, it is healthy to boot (and just might help you get into that bikini faster :)!
Bikini (Zucchini) Bread
2 cups whole wheat flour (I grind my own, it tastes 100% better!)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar or 1/2 cup honey
2 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c grated zucchini, drained
Mix dry ingredients. Add the rest of the ingredients until they are combined. Pour into lightly greased loaf pans. Bake @ 325 for 45-55 minutes. Yield: 1 big loaf, or 2 smaller ones. Around 96 calories per slice.

2 comments:
Bikini bread is my favorite! I'm waiting for the zucchini to come down in price though! Yikes!
Thanks for the comment about your blog--need to grind my own flour now :)
Post a Comment