My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Five Things I DON'T Want for Christmas

OK, if I find these fitness fads under the tree this year, I'm either going to move to in with a new family or die because I laughed myself to death.  How do some of these things get on the market?  No wonder the fitness industry gets a bad rap.

December 2009 - 079
My kids eagerly awaiting Christmas morning last year.


Enjoy!

1.  Shake Weight
I have no words.  What more can I say that hasn't already been said?  Just don't get it for me, I'm begging you.  If you must, find the Shake Weight commercial here.    And if we thought it couldn't get worse, it did: the Shake Weight for Men.  

Oh my, let's move on...

2.  Booty Pop
Who did the market analysis for this thing? I swear they've probably sold a grand total of two in this country.  Now, I am totally biased when it comes to this product since I am definitely one who does not lack anything in the booty department.  Since I'm constantly trying to tone and reduce that area, the idea of adding more "pop" to my back end is outrageous.  Check out the Booty Pop here.

3.  Cardioke
This one I'm a little torn.  I'm a singer.  I love to belt out a good tune and do pretty much do all the time.  Billy Banks Jr.s' workouts actually seem pretty intense.  And I must admit I ADORE his wife's gorgeous belting voice.  However, there is something about Grandma singing, "Don cha' wish your girlfriend was hot like me..."  that gets me rolling off my chair.  In the end, I'm smiling because these ladies are seriously workin' it.  Check out Cardioke here.

4.  Hawaii Chair
"If you can sit, you can get fit..." -- yeah right.  I love watching the gal who is trying to type while hula-ing on one of these things.  This Hawaii Chair is a riot.  Check it out here.

5.  Body Flex with Greer Childers
Now, THIS is one workout that scares young children and makes me laugh out loud every. single. time.  I have seriously been doing all of my clients a huge disservice by not giving them this workout.  I really should issue them refunds immediately.

 If you only watch one thing from beginning to end today, let it be this:

If you are not able to view the video, find it here.  
Happy holidays!

Related Posts:
Move That Boogie Body

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, Mandi, that video is hilarious!!

Trainer Momma said...

I know... Consider it a gift from me to you :) I've never seen anything like it.

Camille said...

Haha! I loved this! I had never heard of the Hawaii Chair. What a brilliant idea. I love Ellen's review of the product: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQspIJnQLRE

Trainer Momma said...

AWESOME. If Ellen touches it, it is automatically funny. That was a riot!

Allie said...

That video made my holiday season. I thought the reason my kids looked so youthful was because they are kids, but it turns out it is most likely thanks to the annoying sounds and faces they make on a daily basis. I only wish I had known sooner that they have merely been following the workout regimen of a renowned plastic surgeon from San Francisco.

Anonymous said...

Remember when Greer did that whole exercise program that only involved holding your breath? And she swore up and down that she used to be obese, and holding her breath made her skinny?! HAAAA!!
My husband and I were watching a movie one night when the shake weight for men commercial came on for the first time, and we were both laughing so hard we couldn't breathe! It's just SO WRONG!!!
I was on the fence about booty pop, but since the "pop" is "strategically placed" I might need a pair. Dear Santa...

brownymama said...

My kids all just fell on the floor laughing. (: Then they went and got others to come watch the face strengthening videos! Thank you for the laugh!

Trainer Momma said...

I already have a built in Booty Pop -- it's just always on upside down :)

Trainer Momma said...

My husband just informed me he was seriously going to get me a Shake Weight for Christmas. Does anyone have an extra bed in their house?

Melissa said...

there are NO WORDS for that video!! I"m in utter disbelief and laughing at the same time!

the Villamor's said...

so funny....can't wait to show my kids and friends and their friends the facial exercises. I should just do those in my SEnior classes...oh and the boogie body too. I love how these new products have ripped, athletic people in the commercials...like they get those abs using the shake weight.....

In the Philippines there are lots of booty pops around...but they are just whole butts...not just the pop! ha

Cassi said...

I love that pic of your kids waiting for christmas morning! So telling!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are amazing. I must not watch enough TV because I've been missing out on the Hawaii Chair and Booty Pop!

Jen said...

Thanks so much for the laugh. I was dying at the hawaii chair video. I can't imagine anyone actually being able to get anything done while using one because they'd be laughing too hard. all of them were totally funny and the shake weight is just plain weird all around no matter for men or women in my humble opinion. :) Aren't you glad you blogged about it so you could avoid that Christmas morning awkwardness if your husband really got it for you?

Olia said...

oh my! I laughed so hard I started crying!

Linds said...

First and foremost...My mother in law use to do the breathing/facial exercises and her kids will never let her live it down! And now that I see what the heck they're talking about...I see why she hasn't lived it down!
Great no-no-gift list!

Related Posts with Thumbnails