I grew up in the desert, people. No fish were anywhere. The only fish I remember eating as a kid were very smelly, breaded fish sticks. Bleeck.
This aversion runs a bit - OK, a lot - contrary to healthy living, being that I should be eating fish about twice a week. The Doc LOVES all the healthy fish, my kids eat it just fine -- it's me who is eating it in a corner with my eyes closed and nose plugged (I am not kidding here. That's really how I eat fish).
I have made much more of an effort in the past two years, I am proud to say. However, I still can do A LOT better.
We are eating more than chicken over here, I swear. I just haven't mastered many fish recipes that I love, since obviously I just don't love the fish part. This recipe, however, with an entire cup of the Black Bean Salsa, I was able to come close to enjoying.
My family downed it and I kept it down. That's saying a lot :)
Salmon Soft Tacos
by www.trainermomma.com
adapted from EatingWell
2 Tb extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tb chile powder
1 Tb fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 4-ounce wild salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick,
8 corn tortillas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix oil, chile powder, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub it liberally all over the salmon. Bake in oven uncovered for 15-20 minutes until salmon is flaky**.
Remove from oven and slice each fillet in half horizontally. Serve on a corn tortillas with 1/2 cup of Black Bean Salsa.
**This would be delicious grilled. My BBQ is dead, so I have to bake everything for a while.
Find a printable version of this recipe here.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


5 comments:
Way to go girl!! Last weekend, I took a itsy bitsy teeny bite of Mike's shrimp... that was a HUGE step for me!
This sounds amazing! We are going to try it out with some Mahi! Thanks!
While it looks wonderful, and I love fish, I CANNOT -- for the life of me -- be involved in any way, shape or form in the cooking process. It grosses me out!! And please, no heads, eyes, or skin on that beautiful sea creature either! Way to go, Trainer Momma! It really does look yummy!
Well I LOVE fish and can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks!!
This looks amazing. I will have to try it if I can talk Brandon into it. It must be a Smith phobia.
Post a Comment