However, I did throw this together last night and we all have been enjoying it.
It is a dense, moist cake that has the perfect blend of spices and pumpkin. I reduced the sugar, so it's not too sweet. However, topped with a tablespoon of light Cool Whip, it is simply refreshing and festive. I actually like to eat it cold.
Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cake
by www.trainermomma.com
2 cups whole wheat white flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1/2 cup water
1 small pkg. of instant, sugar-free vanilla pudding
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs
2 egg whites
Set the oven for 375 degrees.
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl for about 4 minutes until every thing is blended well.
Spray a bundt pan or 9x13 cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour in mix.
Bake for 45-50 minutes until done (the bundt pan takes longer). Note: This cake is so moist, a toothpick may never come out "clean" even after 50 minutes. I finally just took it out and it was great.
Top with Light Cool Whip, sprinkle a little cinnamon and nutmeg over the top of it and enjoy!
Makes 16 slices. 127 calories per serving (with the Cool Whip).
Find a printable version of this recipe here.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


2 comments:
I love pumpkin anything! Thanks for sharing!
ohhh this looks great!
Post a Comment