When I have new clients I typically spend a solid 30-45 minutes giving them the my nutrition spiel right off the bat. I give them this scenario:
Look down at your plate.
Now back to me.
Now back to your plate.
Now back to me.
Wait. That's the Old Spice Man's spiel. OK -- back to me:
Break your plate into four quarters.
On two quarters of your plate are your new side dishes:
Protein (formerly known as your main dish):
fish, chicken, lean red meat, chili, eggs, etc.
Whole grain:
brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, whole wheat tortilla, etc.
So, that leaves 2 more quarters or half of your plate left. Any guesses as to what fills that entire half of your plate?
You got it: VEGETABLES and FRUITS, baby.
Load her up!
Anything is possible when you make veggies and fruits your new main dish.
I am on a horse.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


4 comments:
You CRACK me up! I love that guy!
Hate to say my daughter knows this commercial by heart...and was just giving us the performance a couple minutes ago. Have you seen the sesame street/grover version? equally hilarious in a cute muppet sort of way.
Your next giveaway could be two tickets to that thing that you love...
The guy who developed that commercial is LDS, and he did a pro commercial about the Harold B. Lee library at BYU. IT IS HILARIOUS!! You can find it on YouTube. So dang funny!
Your vegetables are now *diamonds*!
I have seen the Grover version and BYU version. Both perfect. Of course, my kids also know them by heart.
Hhhhmmm, what would be 2 tickets to that thing we all love?
For me -- it would be airline tickets to a far away place. Then more tickets to a Broadway show. OK, throw in the diamonds -- or I'll settle to a Gift Card to TJ Maxx -- and I'm happy.
Post a Comment